Thread: Wideband question

Potential Tuner

Wideband question

I have an Aeroforce wideband module (no gauge) that I use with my HPT Pro. In the past, I've used it for AFR with the formula (Volts/.5 + 10). My tuner has recently asked me to upgrade to HPT v3 from v2 and use Equivalence Ratio instead. Can anyone tell me if the AFR formula using gasoline can be converted to the Equivalence Ratio formula HPT is asking me to input?

Going off of other sensors that are presets in HPT, I found a similar sensor that was using the same AFR formula and it's Eq Ratio formula is ((V / 7.35294) + 0.68 = output lambda)
    I don't want to chance using this one if it's incorrect. Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

Tuner
    You can use AFR just the same as EQ. EQ is just a different way of representing AFR's (similar to lambda) which relates the mixture relative to stoich.

On other words, for a fuel that has a stoich mixture of 14.7:1, then at an AFR of 14.7 your EQ ratio is 1.00. At AFR 12.42 your EQ is 1.183 (14.7/12.42 = 1.183).
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro