Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rich idle

Tuner in Training
    thanks for all th help so far but no mattr what i do to my ve table in the idle range it makes no difference. its 10.6 or nothing. i rally think something else is causing the issue

Whats your fuel pressure at idle?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Could be...
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Tuner in Training
    What injectors are you running. I'm having a similar issue with my 80's I can get PW below 1.9 ms.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanplace View Post
    thanks for all th help so far but no mattr what i do to my ve table in the idle range it makes no difference. its 10.6 or nothing. i rally think something else is causing the issue
    Hopefully your using the tune I posted, it's way closer then the other one. You should focus on getting the rest of tune dialed in at this point.
    Persistence is the key to success

Tuner in Training
    I am using your tune. Just trimming away at the ve to get more consistent at 14.7. I haven't checked my pressure since the beginning but I will check again in the morning. I have 80lb dekas in my other try k and had no issue getting the idle low enough. But these id850s have been a pita so far. I've tried all kinds of stuff to get them down. Maybe I need a fancy fuel pressure regulator. My last one idles 14.0 with stock truck rails and stock regulator

Tuner in Training
    It's just strange to me that you buy "high quality" injectors and the cheap dekas I had before worked better with way worse numbers

Tuner in Training
    Fuel pressure is about 58psi at idle

Tuner in Training
    idle.hpl this is a log of starting it. its good then drops off blue cleaning up lean spots.hpt

Tuner in Training
    If I plug my narrowband sensors in it will make it idle around 14 to 15 in p/n or in gear. The downfall is it's keeps it around there all the time and causes a scary lean sputter when you let off and get back into the throttle. Like 17 to 18 are. So why is it that my narrowband can make it idle low enough but I can't do it with my ve table

Advanced Tuner
    -I operate in closed loop EXCEPT at idle! -And I did that so I can force the thing to 17:1 or even leaner at idle (reported... probably inaccurate due to the headers etc..) and it does that no problemo... can't see why yours doesn't change enough! -But anyway it will transit to OL when you trigger PE which is at 64% TPS at lower rpm end in your case... why not just change that? You can have it in PE at zero throttle if you like, lol. Mine is, see the pic. You can also change the a/f at the overrun areas if you needed via the ve... ie make it richer on the overrun if its lean. You can play with DFCO as well, or turn it off (just set the DFCO enable temp to 140C!). If DFCO comes in, it'll go dead lean on overrun, obviously...

Capture.JPG
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Tuner in Training
    I found my issue. I had to change my mad table Evan though I am operating in sd. Turned up my lower mad table which allowed me to bring my fuel down to 18 if I so wanted. I'm not sure what is safe at idle and low rpm. I just got for 14s out of boost. 17 sounds scary to me

You need to learn more about tuning VE, you don't change 1 number at a time, and you don't use the copy and paste by error percentage.
    Persistence is the key to success