Thread: Multiple wideband question

Tuner in Training

Multiple wideband question

This could be a very simple question.

I currently have a afx ngk wired into my hp tuners and it's attached to pin 1 and 5, if I add a second wideband (aem 30-0300 analog only) can I connect this into pin 2 and 6 and hp tuners will read it?

Had planned on installing the aem thru the CAN bus but the reflash is turning out to be costly shipping from canada round trip with possible boarder fees and taxes.

Tuner
    If you install both widebands with the same ground, you should only need to add pin 2.
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro

If the 30-0300 is the same as the 30-0333 model then you will have to run a ground wire from the AEM to the MPVI interface also. It's a separate circuit that does not share a vehicle/power ground, so you do have to run a wire for it. I found that out the hard way that the ground wire I had ran back to the battery didn't work for the AEM. It's more accurate this way, but you do have to run that extra wire.

You can connect the ground to either ground pin on the interface, doesn't really matter.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock