Thread: rev limiter? autometer tach with th400

Potential Tuner

rev limiter? autometer tach with th400

I am brand new to hp tuners and this forum. Im looking for suggestions as to why my motor only appears to be getting up to around 3000 rpms before hitting the rev limiter. I just recently installed a autometer tachometer that I have not been able to get over the 3k mark. I cannot tell if the car is actually reaching a higher rpm or just hitting the rev limiter at around 3000 rpms. I ran the car today and lost over a second in the quarter mile (from 13.4 to 14.4) and now am looking for a way to fix this issue. I also changed the torque converter to a higher stall converter over the winter if that has anything to do with it?? If anyone could look at my tune and tell me whats going wrong that would be great. 5.3 punched to a 5.7 with a th400

stock j and s tune.hpt

try increasing your shift speed in full throttle shift speed

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the suggestion, What should I increase it to?

idk how much differ th400 are from 4l60 or 4l65 but with 3.73 gears shift around 40ish so give it a try around 35 38 se how it does and bump it up or down depending on how you see it shifting

Potential Tuner
    Thanks very much for the help. When I get back out to the track ill let you know how it goes!

cool..keep us posted

You'll want to disable the abuse mode on the engine side because you swapped transmission. Set the rpm to 8,000 and the mph to zero. Read the tables and you'll understand why.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Will look into that 5fdp thanks for the help!

Potential Tuner

I believe I got it, this look better?

First Edit J and S (not as sketch).hpt
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You'll want to disable the abuse mode on the engine side because you swapped transmission. Set the rpm to 8,000 and the mph to zero. Read the tables and you'll understand why.