Thread: Picture of wideband harness connection....suggestions?

Advanced Tuner

Picture of wideband harness connection....suggestions?

I've been trying to get the best possible routing of my wideband harness and mpvi unit to get the best data with the least amount of voltage offset. This is for tuning customer cars so it's a temporary install hence the connections to the battery. If you have any improvements to this, please let me know

Afr500v2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matt_lq4; 04-27-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I used to do what you have but I started using the serial interface since the beta 2.5 and it works much better. No voltage offset malarkey to mess with and I installed the gauge in a Radio Shack project box with cables running to it and my laptop. I use an XT 60 connector as a quick disconnect with a car adapter on one and alligator clips on the other for a power source. This way the setup is super portable and durable when I move from car to car, plus it looks more professional. If I build another I'll use a smaller enclosure, but the store was going out of business and this was in stock and the right price.

Hopefully you find it helpful.

I build stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    I used to do what you have but I started using the serial interface since the beta 2.5 and it works much better. No voltage offset malarkey to mess with and I installed the gauge in a Radio Shack project box with cables running to it and my laptop. I use an XT 60 connector as a quick disconnect with a car adapter on one and alligator clips on the other for a power source. This way the setup is super portable and durable when I move from car to car, plus it looks more professional. If I build another I'll use a smaller enclosure, but the store was going out of business and this was in stock and the right price.

Hopefully you find it helpful.

Looks a bit nicer than mine...nice job
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]