Thread: 6.0 turbo timing dropping to 0

Tuner in Training

6.0 turbo timing dropping to 0

so trying to get my afr halfway right i noticed when i load the engine up in gear that my timing falls off and causes it to have no power at allblue timing issue.hpttiming.hpl

I only see it drop timing on the shift, not uncommon if you have it set that way.

You sure aren't running much boost either, like 3lbs according to that map.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ya i have to change waste gate springs. i will take a better log. im trying to get my aem to read in my scanner at the moment

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanplace View Post
    so trying to get my afr halfway right i noticed when i load the engine up in gear that my timing falls off and causes it to have no power at allblue timing issue.hpttiming.hpl
    You have torque management 100% stock. It's never going to make power like that.

I see so many issues with the Spark, VE, PE and BE.

You need to go back to square 1 before getting into boost. No reason to damage the motor.

What version of Hpt are you using?

Tuner in Training
    ya i know my tune is pretty rough. im posting a new one of where im at with a better log. om not sure how to modify touque managment yetblue truck new data log.hpt timing dropping off.hpl. thank you guys for all the help so far

I'm just gonna assume your on atleast 3.4

I've changed your tune, basically a $150 base tune.

Don't let the VE get so messed up, Always adjust sections and keep it smooth, never use the copy and paste based on error.

blue truck new tune.hpt

Tuner in Training
    ya im using 3.4. my last turbo truck i started with a nice base tune so i wasnt so fucked but im determined to learn. ive been having all kinds of issues with enrichment afterstart with a different temp everyday here in maine. i really do apreciate all your help

Advanced Tuner
    Why does it still have torque management?

The better question here.. Why didn't you look over his tune and see how dangerous it was? Thus suggesting it be fixed right away, instead you just say hey torque management is on, it's not gonna make no power.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10SecSleeper View Post
    The better question here.. Why didn't you look over his tune and see how dangerous it was? Thus suggesting it be fixed right away, instead you just say hey torque management is on, it's not gonna make no power.
    Who's writing me a paycheck for this? I can comment on ONE table if I want. Quit trying to be a fucking hero with your "free" $150 tune. Fucking Jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    Who's writing me a paycheck for this? I can comment on ONE table if I want. Quit trying to be a fucking hero with your "free" $150 tune. Fucking Jackass.

Tuner in Training
    jeez. thanks for the help, the truck currently has the heads off of it because of 3 bad lifters causing valves to hang opened. have some 799 heads and a zr1 cam anyways. still sucks

I'll help you get it running like it should. I have a ls9 cam, ls7 lifters and Pac1218s in my Yukon, been considering tossing one my 76mm on it. Well that was the plan when I did the cam. But it's been a few months now.

Tuner in Training
    hahahah thats what i have on my 2500 right now. cam was chewed 3 bad lifters