Thread: I'm the new guy with questions

Tuner in Training

I'm the new guy with questions

Hello folks, I'm the newbie!

I can't seem to find a description of how all this works and what is needed. I would appreciate some help to get started. I will be using the software on GM GenIII PCMs with and without TAC.

When I purchase the VCM Suite Professional, what exactly do I receive?

After purchase, will I be able to connect to any PCM and make changes?

What is a license?

What are credits, do I need them and how do I get them?

Thanks!

You get the install CD's, the MPVI, usb cable and obd 2 cable.

You should be able to connect to any computer to atleast use the VCM scanner but not every computer can be edited. The supported vehicle list is on the HPT main website, same with more information about the product itself.

A license allows you to edit a computer/VIN, each license is a minimum of 2 credits and some up to 4 credits or even like 12 depending on application. All gen 3 and 4 GM cars are 2 credits.

You get 8 credits with your purchase (website has this information), you can pick from GM, DODGE, FORD credits and you can't exchange them if you purchase the wrong ones or start off with the wrong ones for what you need as far as I know. So you can tune 4 vehicles for "free" and the next one after that costs 2 credits/$100.

https://www.hptuners.com/products/vc...ditsfaq.php#a2
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you sir!