Thread: 2.2 Ecotec pulling timing only in 2nd gear

2.2 Ecotec pulling timing only in 2nd gear

After fixing my injector data and tuning my car has been running really good.

For a couple of days now I have been having the car pulling timing so bad it feels like it is hitting the rev limiter. I have timing set at 15 degrees around those cells and it goes down to 1 or 0 according to the log, but there is no KR. It only happens in 2nd gear around 3600 to 3800 RPM. Sometimes it will do it in 1st gear but not as bad as it does in 2nd. It only happens if i am going WOT though, if i release the throttle a bit it will keep going and wont do it again until i reach 3600 RPM in the next gear at WOT. I have already checked my spark tables and other tables that might pull timing but haven't found anything that's causing it. also checked if it might be a torque management thing but no luck. Could it just be a coil gone bad or anything other than the tune?

Come to think of it before i would get a slow rev between 3600 and 4000 RPM and i raised the timing and that solved the issue. But now it seems like a different problem all together.

here is a log and the tune i have on the car right now.

on the log it happened twice but between 18:05 and 18:15 it is more prominent. It was the only time i got to log it but it happened multiple times already.

Thank you guys and any help will be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i noticed a few torque management settings for supercharger that aren't likely causing this issue but can later cause issues down the road. check your boost limits and event thresholds in traction control sections and make adjustments to fix errors as needed.

the part that is probably causing this issue is from you leaving your ignition modifiers stock. zero out your afr, iat and ect tables above 150*F . most aftermarket supercharger pulley setups on an lsj run a fairly high iat value which causes a similar issue when those tables are not modified. if you exceed a normal value on your 2.2 and dip hard into the higher range the ecu doesn't just pull out -6* ignition in the worst case. the iat modifier also has a multiplier which in that same zone is 1.3. If this zone is fully activated then the ecu will auto pull -7.8* of ignition. Then say your motor crept up on 210-212*F on the ect, now that's an additional -4* advance being pulled for a grand total of -11.8* ignition retard at the worst case just from environmental corrections alone. This type of ignition advance modification is not registered as kr because it is a pre-event adjustment. if the knock sensors went off then that would be a post-event correction.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I see, i zero'd out afr correction, iat upto 122, and ect from 158 and up. Will try it this way and see what happens.

Under the super charger tab what settings should i change? I modified boost disable "MAP disable: 2kpa" and "MAP enable: 1kpa". Seems like that would be the one to cause problems. Any other things under that tab that might cause issues?

Thanks for the reply btw