Thread: MAP stuck at 10 kpa - i'm baffled

Advanced Tuner

MAP stuck at 10 kpa - i'm baffled

anybody know why the MAP would show 10kpa in the scanner all the time? KOEO and running, it's always 10kpa. i've tried simply swapping sensors, no change. two other pcm's, no change. i've tested for continuity from the plug to the pcm and all 3 wires were good. i've put jumper wires on the sensor and pumped it with a mityvac and it dropped in 1 volt increments about every 5psi like it should. i'm about to update my software just to rule that out, but i can't understand what is causing this. It's a 2003 silverado SS that the owner isn't happy with how its running. the map is obviously the problem, or at least 95% of it, but i can't see how every sensor and computer i have shows 10kpa all the time. what else could it possibly be?

calibration attached for reference
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    it's also throwing a P0107

Advanced Tuner
    scanner shows MAP voltage is 0.00v KOEO or running...i unplug the connector and check for 5v at the reference wire. i have 5v there. I run a jumper wire from the 5v ref to the sensor output. scanner shows MAP voltage is 5.00volts and 104kpa. The sensor tests good, but i bought a new one anyway, and no change....still shows 10kpa all the time. ground pin at the MAP plug has continuity to ground everywhere. Bad PCM?
    Last edited by 2000_SS; 04-23-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    -You swapped PCMs you said?? So it would sound more likely like a problem with path(s) between sensor and PCM (or actual pins of connector, missing/bent/etc...)

-D
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Advanced Tuner
    Ya i tried to other computers... They are unlicensed but i figured scanning KOEO wouldn't matter.

Pins and wires appear to be fine. I have continuity from each pin at the connector to the pcm pins.

Potential Tuner
    You really need to check voltage coming OUT of the MAP sensor (backprobe with a sewing "t-pin" or such) and then going into the PCM. By jumpering the 5V to signal and seeing it in the scanner, the harness sounds good. My bet is a loose terminal in the MAP connector. I can't see how anything else could be bad based on your tests. It isn't the ground circuit or you would see 5V all the time, so just chase the 5V REF and the MAP signal out.

Advanced Tuner
    That's the plan today. I have a few spare pigtails laying around to try.

Advanced Tuner
    New connector fixed it