Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Tuners setup - AEM 30-0300 Wideband

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by markscheezy View Post
    Will the hp tuners except a older plx wideband? It's still in good shape and I bought the pro so I could datalog the wideband.
    So long as it outputs a 0-5v signal, there should be no issue. The PLX M200/250/300, along with (I believe) every generation of SM-AFR should have what you need.
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro

Tuner in Training
    My example is on the very first post . It only showing the tenths changing on HP Tuners and its no where near what the gage is showing . I must have something configured incorrectly.
    Last edited by Lug; 04-28-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I started from scratch, reconnected everything and put the information back in HP Tuners and it all works. Its off by some, but I'll tinker with it and dial it in using the offset spreadheet

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    No, but it looks like you have to buy the pins, wire and populate the A connector pins 9 and 10 (to mpvi pins 1 and 5) like the 0333 unit. The HP tuners transform for analog AFR is :

Input (v) / 0.4211 + 8.500

Ed M
    It's working , but I had to change the transform to 0.4211 + 7.48 .. Does that sound like too much of an adjustment

Tuner in Training
    Did you get the 0300 fine tuned? I cant even get mine to read? Lol

Advanced Tuner
    I know this is an old thread, but I ordered the 30-334 which I understood to be a newer version of the 30-333.
    I was able to plug it into the obd2 port, then plug my cable in. I added it under serial port and it started reading fine. I closed my laptop, and unplugged everything. A few days later, plugged everything back in, opened the laptop, and started to log, but no afr was showing like it stopped reading the wideband. The wideband displays fine. Any suggestions? Did I somehow damage the cable, or am I just a dumbass?

Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I ordered the 30-334 which I understood to be a newer version of the 30-333.
    I was able to plug it into the obd2 port, then plug my cable in. I added it under serial port and it started reading fine. I closed my laptop, and unplugged everything. A few days later, plugged everything back in, opened the laptop, and started to log, but no afr was showing like it stopped reading the wideband. The wideband displays fine. Any suggestions? Did I somehow damage the cable, or am I just a dumbass?
    The OBDII interface isn't connected through the Serial Port. When you open the Channel Selector window through ADD CHANNEL, you will see an OBD Controller: a name and its address. The address of the 0334 has been assigned in its MODE/SEL feature. Should be 0x736 which is the default address. Thw name s/b WB EQ Ratio 1 (IIRC). This is the WB you should add to your channel and eventually to your chart/graph as applicable.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks, I'll try that.
    Not sure why it was wortking one day and not the next

how i can doing maf error and VE error ?
    i have AEM 30-0334

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    When you say you started from scratch, would you mind walking me through this stupid analog set-up? Reading your comments I believe I'm having the same issue. I am wired to the pro link and can't get it to read properly in hp tuners. It always reads 8.xx but my guage actually reads 14.xx.