Thread: BBK Throttle Body 85 / 90MM

BBK Throttle Body 85 / 90MM

Hello
    does someone have experience with the BBK 85 or 90MM throttle body for the 2015+ Mustang GT.
    Do I need to tune the TB or its enough if it learn by self how BBK install manual will do?
    Thanks Henry

Advanced Tuner
    I've heard you can get away with the 85mm and not changing anything in the tune. But your results will vary depending on the tune you have one the car now. You might not need to change the TB tables, but some adjustments to your drive modes might be needed if you notice it drives too aggressive for your liking.

Advanced Tuner
    Jn2 with the 11-13 GT with 85mm BBK throttle body i had to add 20% to effective throttle, than data logged Desired, actual, wheel TRQ error, Rpm and TPS.

I forgot to add if you do the effective throttle angle you need to do the same to open loop FF ta prediction table. remember 2011+ are way more sensitive to manipulations.
    Last edited by mstang_man; 04-20-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Advanced Tuner

85mm BBK TB

Here is the Actual Data for BBK 85MM TB
    Attached Files Attached Files

the TB data seems correct not for the 2015+ Mustang?

Advanced Tuner
    I believe that is for 2011-2014, but with the adapter for SR you can run it on 2015-2017. I will look thru my other computer at work and see if we have anything else.. Only other File i have is for FRP90mm TB data..
    Last edited by mstang_man; 04-21-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    the TB data seems correct not for the 2015+ Mustang?
    Assuming that info is correct you would want to repeat the last column a few times since the 15+ have more columns than the copperhead ECM.

Advanced Tuner
    1821 BBK Power-Plus Series 85mm Throttle Body Fitment 2011-2016 ... the data will work fine.

Any one have experience tuning 90mm BBK TB on S550 can advice ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by small tuner View Post
    Any one have experience tuning 90mm BBK TB on S550 can advice ?
    I've tuned a few, no issues. I did hav one that had to be sent back bc it would go into limp mode when the customer hit a hard enough bump on the road and the TB blade would bind. But aside from that, no issues tuning them

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    I've tuned a few, no issues. I did hav one that had to be sent back bc it would go into limp mode when the customer hit a hard enough bump on the road and the TB blade would bind. But aside from that, no issues tuning them
    sir
    Do you mind to share your experience in explaining the process tuning the 90 mm ?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post

Would also like to know if you mind sharing your experience explaining the process tuning the 90 mm TB.

Potential Tuner
    will be thankful if you can share the 90mm tables data