Thread: BTR Stage 4 cam dead off of idle

Tuner in Training

BTR Stage 4 cam dead off of idle

Hello everyone! excuse me im a newbie here to HP spent a bunch of time on binary editor working on foxbodies Installed a BTR stage 4 truck cam into a 5.3 engine. ive set the tune up decently have it idling stable and whatnot. My issue is when I stomp on it from a dead stop the trucks a dog. timing ramps down to 0 once it breaks 3k it leans out and adds timing. im assuming the cam changed the cylinder airmass, take a look and tell me what your thoughts are, anything and everything is appreciated,
    Dustin.JOE MAC MODDED 2 good runnin.hptpull wot timing.hplpull wot timing 2.hpl

If I get time later I'll take a glance...

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Thanks ben let me know what you see , i also noticed the IATs are high but i wouldn't see that pulling that much timing

It would be wise to re-tune your MAF curve and VE table. Start there. Wrong airflow tables = wrong fueling calculations.

Those two tables MUST be re-tuned.

And just so you know you are commanding and air fuel ratio of 9.4 at WOT, I'm suprised it's not just blowing black smoke out the tail pipe and fouling out your spark plugs. 14.68/1.563 = 9.4.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It would be wise to re-tune your MAF curve and VE table. Start there. Wrong airflow tables = wrong fueling calculations.

Those two tables MUST be re-tuned.

And just so you know you are commanding and air fuel ratio of 9.4 at WOT, I'm suprised it's not just blowing black smoke out the tail pipe and fouling out your spark plugs. 14.68/1.563 = 9.4.
    Whoops! went the wrong way on the PE table, got that fixed in the tune and changed over the spark tables. ill datalog the truck tonight and post back!. Thanks for catching that 5FDP!

the spark tables are quite a bit different from from mine (truck in sig) commanding up to -4 and as high as only +8 from 0.56 airmass at 400 rpm to .80 at 3200 rpm also looks like the RAF and MAF tables arent tuned to yet, i attached my tune file for comparison.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Daily/Mud truck
    1994 Chevrolet K1500 5.3 swapped, BTR STG 4 truck cam (224/230 .553/.547 111+2), 0.030 milled 243s, NNBS intake, NV4500, 37s
    Project truck
    1992 Chevrolet C1500 single cab short box Big turbo LS, trucks are slow kk?.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed26 View Post
    the spark tables are quite a bit different from from mine (truck in sig) commanding up to -4 and as high as only +8 from 0.56 airmass at 400 rpm to .80 at 3200 rpm also looks like the RAF and MAF tables arent tuned to yet, i attached my tune file for comparison.
    Thank you for having this tune posted. I have an LM7 from an avalanche swapped into a 5th gen Camaro with a very similar camshaft btr stage 4 truck V2. It gave me an extremely good starting point to tune from. Runs awesome! Tried it out this morning after comparing all last night. Again, thank you!

Tuner in Training
    Hello I?m new here my name is Chris , I done an LS swap on a 88 corvette an it wasn?t as easy as I thought it to be ! I?m trying to time it now and I?m lost . Any insight or direction would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvette Chris 39 View Post
    Hello I?m new here my name is Chris , I done an LS swap on a 88 corvette an it wasn?t as easy as I thought it to be ! I?m trying to time it now and I?m lost . Any insight or direction would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Start your own thread with a complete list of parts used, a read of the ECM used, a log of it running, and as much detail as you can supply.

Unless you converted it to carb and distributor.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you sir I will do that now