Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KR Woes, NO issue at WOT or Light throttle

KR Woes, NO issue at WOT or Light throttle

I have not been able to figure out which table i need to adjust to try to fix my issue. When i am under moderate throttle (20-45%) i get KR spikes, but if i give it a heavier throttle 50% plus i don't have KR. I have tried playing with Engine TQ mngmt as well as Trans TQ mngmt and it still remains. I also upped my transient KR setting in the 2000-4000 rpm range from 1.0 to 2.5 and i still get it. I am running e85 gas and according to my sensor it shows 74-75% ethanol content. Could it still be bad gas, low octane?? Been chasing this for 8 months. I know someone else with similar tune with 81% e85 and doesn't have the same issues. Just strange it is only medium throttle and seems to be worst at higher speeds(70-80mph). Ideas??

LFX engine and automatic

Post your tune and log file so we can see whats going on

Quote Originally Posted by Rigo_eff1fitty View Post
    Post your tune and log file so we can see whats going on
    I will capture a fresh log on my way home this afternoon and post a portion of that one.

Here are a few quick logs showing the KR plus the tune used

If anyone has ideas why the KR since I don't get it at wot, just moderate throttle
    Attached Files Attached Files

anybody have ideas on the cause of the KR?

i have the Same Issue with My SC LLT

Advanced Tuner
    I took a look at LOG3. In those spots where you are pinging, YOURE NOT GOING INTO PE. 98 KPA and only commanding 1.0 lambda. Lower your POWER ENRICH ENABLE PEDAL to like 30% across the board, set your PE delay rpm to 0, PE delay torque to 30%, PE delay to 0 ms, PE delay ECT Min to 493 and see what happens. Youre not going into PE at all...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    I took a look at LOG3. In those spots where you are pinging, YOURE NOT GOING INTO PE. 98 KPA and only commanding 1.0 lambda. Lower your POWER ENRICH ENABLE PEDAL to like 30% across the board, set your PE delay rpm to 0, PE delay torque to 30%, PE delay to 0 ms, PE delay ECT Min to 493 and see what happens. Youre not going into PE at all...
    Thanks, I will give it a try. I am very familiar with Waldorf. Back in the 80's and early 90's I worked at Speed Unlimited.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by benf View Post
    Thanks, I will give it a try. I am very familiar with Waldorf. Back in the 80's and early 90's I worked at Speed Unlimited.
    LOL! I was just at Speed Unreasonable the other day! LOL!

Did you try those settings out?
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

LOL! I was just at Speed Unreasonable the other day! LOL!

Did you try those settings out?
    Not yet, gonna drive that car tomorrow. I have my hopes up...What is the purpose of doing the high 493 temp for the Min? Is this just a temporary thing to make sure i go into PE?

So weird no issues on light throttle or WOT.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by benf View Post
    Not yet, gonna drive that car tomorrow. I have my hopes up...What is the purpose of doing the high 493 temp for the Min? Is this just a temporary thing to make sure i go into PE?

So weird no issues on light throttle or WOT.
    Just to make sure you go into PE. I didnt see it go into PE, according to your commanded AF ratio, equivalence ratio or WB output... ECT min says if the temp is ABOVE that value, PE is delayed. You might wanna set the Torque % to ZERO (0). Set ECT max to -429 also.

Just to make sure you go into PE. I didnt see it go into PE, according to your commanded AF ratio, equivalence ratio or WB output... ECT min says if the temp is ABOVE that value, PE is delayed. You might wanna set the Torque % to ZERO (0). Set ECT max to -429 also.
    OK, i have a 40 mile ride to work tomorrow at various speeds so I should be able to see if it is better.

Well, not so good results. I would think I have been buying bad gas the past 8 months, but then I would think it would knock under wot as well if that were the case. I am stumped! Here are 5 mini logs and a pic of how the PE is set.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by benf; 05-12-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have a WOT log? Youre still not going into PE (log 6).

here is a log from last month...near the end of the log is a wot

Advanced Tuner
    OK. Youre going into PE at 63% throttle in this log. Right before you went into PE, you were getting KR. As soon as you went into PE, the KR vanished (to be expected). High load (again, 98 KPA) and no PE=KR. Try multiplying the POWER ENRICHMENT ENABLE TORQUE % table by half and see what happens.

OK. Youre going into PE at 63% throttle in this log. Right before you went into PE, you were getting KR. As soon as you went into PE, the KR vanished (to be expected). High load (again, 98 KPA) and no PE=KR. Try multiplying the POWER ENRICHMENT ENABLE TORQUE % table by half and see what happens.
    thinking of leaving the ones that are already at 35, but drop the others since that is the rpm range i am having trouble in and see what happens.

made the changes, and seems the car is worst above 70mph.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My wideband on the pass side may need to be replaced. This morning it only reads 2.000. So, not sure the pass side is as far off as I first thought since the narrowband is reasonable. Cleaning it today did not help.

Plugs didn't show any obvious issues.
    Last edited by benf; 05-14-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    At least youre going into PE, which is a good thing. You might have to do a full retune now. Im not sure how you got it to live without going into PE. Replace that WB and retune.

I was busy this weekend tuning myself. Got my hands on a NASTY procharged G8 yesterday. With the exception of some bad injectors, that thing is CRAZY!