Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S550 power pack 3?

Potential Tuner
    Gentlemen, I know this isn't a classified type forum but I have a lightly used GT350 setup for sale (IM and TB as well as MMR TB adapter if so inclined) (getting car ready for trade in) with vacuum hoses already configured for use on the S550 5.0. Please note I've also applied heatshielding to the underside and can confirm proper fitment If interested please PM me.

Senior Tuner
    Bumping this thread back up, as there are now some PP3 tunes floating around, I have verified after flashing my PCM with the FRPP 3 operating system the no lift shifting works perfectly. I sent an email to support with the files.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 07-31-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Bumping this thread back up, as there are now some PP3 tunes floating around, I have verified after flashing my PCM with the FRPP 3 operating system the no lift shifting works perfectly. I sent an email to support with the files.
    Assuming you weren't able to read the file?
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

I thought the FRPP3 would change part of the OS that dealt with no lift shift, but that you can't enable that using something like HPTuners?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tramotorsports View Post
    Assuming you weren't able to read the file?
    Read fine but there is nothing in the editor as it relates to the no lift shift logic. Would be good if support can enable us to see the part of the operating system that controls it.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    I thought the FRPP3 would change part of the OS that dealt with no lift shift, but that you can't enable that using something like HPTuners?
    I believe that is true, but now that we have full reads of the operating system figured might be worth asking for it to be worked on.

Tuner
    I read 2 and 3 off of my own car. Both were purchased new by me. Based on what Eric told me and what FP confirmed the Power Packs aren't completely new OS, just different calibrations. with things added. So in a sense you could say its new but it's only a Windows 8.1 to 10 upgrade, not a Windows to Linux change if I understand them correctly.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HextallS550 View Post
    I read 2 and 3 off of my own car. Both were purchased new by me. Based on what Eric told me and what FP confirmed the Power Packs aren't completely new OS, just different calibrations. with things added. So in a sense you could say its new but it's only a Windows 8.1 to 10 upgrade, not a Windows to Linux change if I understand them correctly.
    Sounds about right. Probably started with a stock OS and made some changes for things like no lift shift instead of starting with one of their new boosted OSs and making it work.

So you could add no lift shift to a non FRPP PP3 GT via Hptuners?

Senior Tuner
    I flashed my PCM with HP Tuner copy of the PP3 and the no lift shift works perfectly. So while we cannot modify it, turn it on or off, nor add it to a stock calibration, the O/S flash definitely added the feature.

I requested it be added to our view for stock and FRPP O/S but engineers after a few days came back and said "not at this time"

I just tested the FRPP OS at the track . With the lag time in the" no lift shift" I ended up .4 slower ... Needs either a switch so it can be turned off or something to alter the lag time