Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S550 power pack 3?

S550 power pack 3?

Is there any chance we can enable the no lift shift via HPT and just buy the TB, manifold, and cai separately vs. Buying the full power pack 3?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-p...-3-1517gt.html

Advanced Tuner
    I havent seen a no lit shift feature in the 15+ strategy, the no lift shift logic might be part of what ever strategy they change too when you flash their tune on. So I am thinking someone with the PK3 would have to try and pull the file for HPT to examine...Then we might have to do a strategy change to have it...

^^my theory anyway

Senior Tuner
    Maybe that strategy is the one being used by Whipple / Roush. If so then the new update might make it possible to flash that tune if you could get someone to read one and send it to you.

Perhaps if the ECU was reflashed for the Performance Pack 3, and then the strategy was read via HPT, Eric might be able to unlock the tables (if it is as simple as that)?

Senior Tuner
    Getting a read from a car with this tune would be a good first step.

Senior Tuner
    Definitely would love to see a read out of the power packages, especially now that the GT350 manifold price just dropped like a rock ($520 or so), would be nice to spend about $700 on manifold + throttle body and flash the tune, pick up 50whp.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Definitely would love to see a read out of the power packages, especially now that the GT350 manifold price just dropped like a rock ($520 or so), would be nice to spend about $700 on manifold + throttle body and flash the tune, pick up 50whp.
    Where are you finding your GT350 manifold prices? If it's a distributor and dealer pricing you can't post please PM where.

Senior Tuner
    just go on fordparts.com, lookup a VIN from cars.com for a GT350, and then select a few dealers and you should see it

Is it GR3Z9424B? $1790 from Tasca Ford Parts

Senior Tuner
    Change the B to a C and check again.

Senior Tuner
    There was something like 5 or 6 in stock at various dealers last night, I just checked again and only see one in stock.

Here was my chat with Tasca a few minutes ago confirming the part number:

Chat session started at 16:52:29
    Please be patient while you are being connected with an operator ...

You are now chatting with Matt

Matt:This shows to fit the gt350r 5.2 liter motor

Jordan:thanks!

Senior Tuner
    Latest is on backorder and no one accepting orders until about June, F me. Sorry for the excitement, still fantastic news if the inventory does eventually come in.

Are you sure that is the intake manifold? GR3Z9424C is labeled as an intake manifold inlet.

Senior Tuner
    Bump... I would like to see Ford's approach at tuning this combination if someone can get a read.

Bump for me as well.

Tuner
    Hey guys, I'm the one that found out about the manifold pricing/part number change and posted it on Mustang6g.
    YES the information is correct, the manifold has had some type of change that necessitated a new part number and the 'C' suffix is now the current revision. I have no info on what changed, my guess is supplier.
    I had the same idea as the OP, not so much because I want the no lift deal, but because I want the PP3 components and the ability to use LT's AND have a factory like calibration. I am actively trying to trade a full SCT PRP tuning suite/X4/LaSota Base file/LaSota training kit with someone that has the PP3 Pro-Cal and wants to get more aggressive.
    Last edited by HextallS550; 05-08-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    Are you sure that is the intake manifold? GR3Z9424C is labeled as an intake manifold inlet.
    Base # 9424 is an intake manifold. 9647 is usually an intake tube.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    I havent seen a no lit shift feature in the 15+ strategy, the no lift shift logic might be part of what ever strategy they change too when you flash their tune on. So I am thinking someone with the PK3 would have to try and pull the file for HPT to examine...Then we might have to do a strategy change to have it...

^^my theory anyway
    Keep in mind Ford Performance doesn't just flash your PCM with a new cal file, it will also flash a new OS.

Has someone actually ordered the -C part number?

I did more research on the GT350 manifold and it looks like you'd lose torque almost throughout the powerband but gain horsepower at the higher RPMs, is this accurate? It seems like it would work better on the 5.2 V8 or with different cams, much like the FRPP 3V intake manifold with the 3V V8.

Tuner
    Has someone actually ordered the -C part number?
    YES, but the quantities mentioned above are incorrect, there were never 5 or 6 in dealer inventory, the night that we found the supersession there were 3 in the entire country the next day there was 1.
    I worked in a Ford parts department while I was in college for my B.S. My best friend eventually was promoted to manager and so I have access to Ford warehouse and dealer inventory numbers in real time.

I have mine on order.

I did more research on the GT350 manifold and it looks like you'd lose torque almost throughout the powerband but gain horsepower at the higher RPMs, is this accurate? It seems like it would work better on the 5.2 V8 or with different cams, much like the FRPP 3V intake manifold with the 3V V8.
    Like anything else it depends on your set up. It was engineered for an engine with 15 more C.I.s and another 1K of usable RPM