Thread: Reader upload time out on TCM after ECM

Tuner in Training

Reader upload time out on TCM after ECM

I can't seem to get a full vehicle read. I have "Read Entire" selected on both my ECM and TCM. VCMEditor will read the ECM just fine, but after the 15 second wait, it will time out when trying to read the TCM. If I deselect the ECM and only attempt a read entire of the TCM it works fine. so the problem is only when i try to read both.
    I've restarted the laptop, and have the car battery connected to a charger to keep voltage up.

Any suggestions?

For what its worth, VCM Suite 3.4.89 on Windows 10; Cadillac ATS with E80 and T87

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever get an answer to this? I sometimes have issues on my 16 Camaro, I attribute them to the car having the push button start that will switch itself back to the "off" position after a certain amount of time. I ran into the problem last weekend. Car killed power during a write, and I found 90% of the tables in my TCM were now "missing" after I did a full read of the tune I tried to put into the car... The car still ran and drove normally... The only way to get the missing tables back after a full read, was to do a write entire... But the car killed the power during the write entire, and then the car wouldn't start... Thankfully when I "started the car" (foot on brake, press start) and the start button turned Green for ON, but the engine wasn't running, it allowed me to do a full write without killing the power. Power off, open door, close door, start car normally...

It was a scary situation!
    2016 1LT RS Camaro 2.0t a8 - 12.957 @ 103.45, light modifications and tuning.