Thread: Tuned with wrong cylinder volume

Tuner

Tuned with wrong cylinder volume

On a P01 2002 LS1 computer if I tuned the VE with the wrong cylinder volume and engine size in the Editor, will this affect anything? When I change the cylinder volume to what it should be it scales the VE table down.

If I do change the cylinder volume after tuning it would I have to save the VE table before changing it and then paste it back in the table after I change it or will that not work correctly?
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

Tuner in Training
    You have to know the volume first to calculate the volumetric efficiency. That would be the first thing to do is get that correct before tuning the VE table. If you change the volume of the cylinder now it will effect the entire table. You will have to retune the table. You may try to multiply the entire VE table by the percent of difference between the old incorrect volume and new correct volume. The table isn't going to magically re calculate new numbers once you insert a new volume.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatCheese View Post
    You have to know the volume first to calculate the volumetric efficiency. That would be the first thing to do is get that correct before tuning the VE table. If you change the volume of the cylinder now it will effect the entire table. You will have to retune the table. You may try to multiply the entire VE table by the percent of difference between the old incorrect volume and new correct volume. The table isn't going to magically re calculate new numbers once you insert a new volume.
    That is what I was thinking. If the entire VE is multiplied by the % difference I shouldn't have to retune the VE correct?
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...