Thread: 02 Camaro high hanging idle rpm

Tuner in Training

02 Camaro high hanging idle rpm

I have a 02 camaro in the shop that i cannot seem to get it to idle down for me. It has a FAST 92/92 setup on it, and FIC 440cc injectors. I've entered the data provided and cant seem to get the idle to come down and have the engine running smooth. Any help is much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: hpt 1.hpt (313.5 KB, 17 views)
    • File Type: hpl 1.hpl (62.8 KB, 7 views)

Check why TPS stays at 2.0 and why it's stuck at 2.4% when the car is not running.

All 3 MAF dtc's need to be set to first error if you are trying to tune in speed density.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    i unplugged the tps and re plugged it back in. seems to have taken care of that issue. Still will not idle down. Is it possible that the base running airflow is incorrect enough for the IAC to cause this fit? I unplugged the IAC and it made no difference in the cars idle speed. Car idles around 21% tps now according to the scanner. Revised calibration and log attached below
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: hpt 2.hpt (314.0 KB, 12 views)
    • File Type: hpl 2.hpl (1.70 MB, 7 views)

Advanced Tuner
    It needs to idle at 0% tps.
    Try adding IAC channel info.

Also the transmission is running way too hot.

Tuner in Training
    Ive since figured out the problem. Seems like the injector data i had was a bit skewed and it had too much timing at idle. Thanks for the input!