Thread: Code p1516.. can I disable under "diagnostics"?

Potential Tuner

Code p1516.. can I disable under "diagnostics"?

Can I just shut off the p1516 code under DTC to keep from going into reduced engine power?

Advanced Tuner
    nope if it was that easy there wouldn't be a million threads about how to get around it. There is one sure fire way around REP. That would be a cable driven throttle body.

A cable driven throttle body is one solution but it isn't the only solution. This problem has been around since the beginning. If HPTuners would add the additional throttle parameters or tables that the end user currently doesn't have access to, this problem would be a thing of the past.

They have added it to many Gen IV platforms.....here is the process....

Open your file, go to Edit (see attached) and select slave segment add...save file with new name, close and re-open...presto/chango P1516 control :-)

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    The question is why is it throwing that code, if calculated air mass goes over 2.32 g/cyl ,no matter what the table is set at, it will go reduced engine power. it's a simple fix but a timely one. If this is what's happening you can scale your injector flow rate back 50%. Then recalibrate your VE table. That usually gets it. This is a problem with turbo/supercharged dbw cars. Some injector builders like FIC can supply good "scale down" data.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gharris1100 View Post
    The question is why is it throwing that code, if calculated air mass goes over 2.32 g/cyl ,no matter what the table is set at, it will go reduced engine power. it's a simple fix
    Scaling won't help, if air mass stays below 2.32.

Seen it multiple times.

Potential Tuner
    I fixed the problem bought a Mark Williams T.B. And no more issue