Thread: Does this look ok?

Tuner

Does this look ok?

This is my first tune with the hp tuner. My wifes 03 Monte Carlo is the test project for my son and I! I just read some on the forum, made a few little adjustments and would like some input on what I've done right or wrong? I'm trying to get my son into tuning at 16 years old and wouldn't mind a little knowledge myself. I have the Greg Banish DVD Calibrated Success and the Engine Management book. I think both of those are a little complicated for him to understand, but will definitely help at some point.
    So go ahead and give me some straight answers....please?
    OH...I'm not sure if this log is good enough! It's a steady highway log. How should it actually be logged?

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Seems pretty typical of a NA 3800, doesn't look like anything was changed in the tune though.

Add TPS and injector pulse width for both banks to your logs. It's helpful information.

If it was my car I'd work on the MAF curve just slightly, you have some positive fuel trims pretty much the whole log. But before that I would clean the MAF sensor really well and reset the trims to see if they get better. A dirty MAF can cause higher fuel trims for sure. Then I'd add in a touch more fuel at WOT to help bring the knock down (lower the power enrichment from 13.6 to 13.1, the ADD VS RPM table will bring it down to around 12.5-12.7) NA 3800 are just knock machines on 87 octane gas. 91 octane normally cuts almost all of it out and gives it a little power back because it's not pulling timing out of it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Seems pretty typical of a NA 3800, doesn't look like anything was changed in the tune though.

Add TPS and injector pulse width for both banks to your logs. It's helpful information.

If it was my car I'd work on the MAF curve just slightly, you have some positive fuel trims pretty much the whole log. But before that I would clean the MAF sensor really well and reset the trims to see if they get better. A dirty MAF can cause higher fuel trims for sure. Then I'd add in a touch more fuel at WOT to help bring the knock down (lower the power enrichment from 13.6 to 13.1, the ADD VS RPM table will bring it down to around 12.5-12.7) NA 3800 are just knock machines on 87 octane gas. 91 octane normally cuts almost all of it out and gives it a little power back because it's not pulling timing out of it.

Thank you!! I'll play with it some more!

Anyone else have any advice as to what I need to be looking for?