Thread: 5.3 stalling issues

Tuner in Training

5.3 stalling issues

Hello everyone. I am posting because I am trying to help out a buddy that is having issues with his 5.3 stalling on him. I have increased the BRA, cracker, and follower, but nothing seems to help it. No matter what I do it will still stall out. Can someone look over the tune as see what else I can do to try to fix it? Thanks in advance.

dbw stock tahoe tb
    full bolt ons
    TSP 228 cam
    373 gears
    LT 1 7/8 headers
    TBSS intake
    Attached Files Attached Files

Having any logs of it running?

How much airflow tuning have you do besides just touching idle airflow? Like VE and MAF tuning?

Also cylinder volume needs to match the size of the motor, it can throw of calculation if it's wrong. It's setup for a 5.7 motor and not a 5.3.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like the various spark tables are a bit messed up. The main and idle tables don't correspond very well in the idle regions (they should, at least imho) and the "intake manifold changeover" >> max speed is at 400kph. As far as I understand, that = using the idle tables all the time, typically it would be e.g. 30kph or similar and then under 30 it uses idle tables, above it uses main. The advance is high at idle areas as well (26 deg), which will not help the idle compensation (it reacts to low engine speed by increasing the advance)...
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Tuner in Training
    No, I didnt save a logs. I will see if we mess with it this weekend. I will save some logs.

even if i dont specifically save logs the scanner auto saves them for me maybe try looking for the HPTuners folder where you would add different scanner configs, should be a folder that says logs. like i said scanner auto saves them there for me.

PS
    my HP Tuners folder is in ThisPC>Documents>Hp Tuners>VCM Scanner>Logs
    Daily/Mud truck
    1994 Chevrolet K1500 5.3 swapped, BTR STG 4 truck cam (224/230 .553/.547 111+2), 0.030 milled 243s, NNBS intake, NV4500, 37s
    Project truck
    1992 Chevrolet C1500 single cab short box Big turbo LS, trucks are slow kk?.