Thread: Tpms

Tuner in Training

Tpms

Is there a way to change the set pressure warning for the Tire Pressure Monitoring System?

Also the remote to unlock the doors? I want to be able to unlock both doors with one push of the button.

God Bless America ! ! !
    Thank Jesus

2007 Silverado NBS 1500 4x4 Z71 LT 5.3 4l60e

Not a PCM/TCM function, those are BCM functions that HPT can not do anything with.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

You will need a Tech2 with Candi to change TPMS settings. If I remember correctly you enter the tire size and pressure options through the ABS section. You can also do locking preferences by Tech2. Should be under BCM. There might be another option for changing the door lock preference through the dash buttons. Google can find that for you. On older GMs it is usually some combination of key in/out, hold unlock switch, etc, etc. Yours might have access through the four dash buttons.

Advanced Tuner
    The snap on (solus ultra) scan tool can change low pressure tpms lamp enable settings. If my memory serves me right the lowest pressure was 27psi though so nothing to get excited about. Plus it doesn't always work, some vehicles I have set lower with no actual change at the pressure the lamp comes on at.
    Last edited by Oleblu; 03-26-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Tuner in Training
    From what I see on-line the tech2 is a thing of the past. Not sure when the last year is you can use one. But it would still work for my needs. GM now uses MDI, Multi Diagnostic Interface. The cost to purchase the equipment and programming rights are very expensive, and it requires an annual subscription to work.

I don't know enough to understand what is what, the prices are all over the place

GM Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner with CANDI and 32MB Card
    $289.00

Genuine Tech 2 Gm Diagnostic Scanner Scan Tool Tech2 Candi General
    $3,499.00

The dash buttons do allow some personal selections, but tire pressure warning isn't one and I'm pretty sure the door locks are not either. But I did turn off the annoying horn chirp and no lights.

For now I'm satisfied with the HPT. Maybe they will have an upgrade soon.

God Bless America ! ! !
    Thank Jesus

The one for around $300 is the china copy, read of a few people buying them and actually having great success with them so far. Of course they can only do some much but for many GM vehicles they seemed to have worked great.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

GM also has the Tech2Win software which allows users to use an MDI and your computer to emulate a Tech2. It's actually pretty cool because they allow you to select which Tech2 software to use including overseas and engineering....And the software change is relatively quick compared to flashing the Tech2 32MB card, which takes over 30 minutes. Although without a Tis2Web subscription it's useless as the software license only lasts for about 30 days. Since the Tech2 is obsolete as of 2013ish the software doesn't need to be updated if you have the latest version and the Tech2 can be used unlimited on the vehicles it was designed for. Once GM switched to the Global architecture the MDI is required...And now the MDI2 for the latest modules not accessable with the MDI.
    But to your question, I don't think you can eliminate the TPMS on a 2007. Starting in 2005 it was Federally mandated for SUV's to have them and now all vehicles have to. Up untill the mandates, manufactures allowed disabling of the TPMS. I just disabled that on a 2005 CTS V that the owner did a 5 lug conversion on and now running 2nd gen V wheels. I had used Tech2Win to disable it. You can find someone with access and see if it available.

Also, stay away from the Chinese Tech2, I had one years ago. It started working fine, but the longer I had it connected to the DLC the more codes kept coming up. It was drawing the data line down and creating problems that never existed. Made me chase my tail. It wouldn't accept GM software on the card, just turned​ out to be a giant POS.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks kyle_Customizer! If I understand correctly I can get the MongoosePro? GM 2 for $495 and the Tis2Web Reprogramming that needs a 2-Day subscription for another $55. Is that it or is there more to buy?

Actually I don't want to turn the TPMS off. I want to run around 27 LBS in the rear tires. I can keep them at 30 LBS without the light coming on but a little less would be nice. The rear is so light the tires ware out in the middle at the recommended pressure.

God Bless America ! ! !
    Thank Jesus

I have never used the Mongoose so I cannot say wether or not it will work with the GM Tech2Win software....If someone else has used anything other than MDI, perhaps they will chime in.

Sorry, I was away for a couple days. Kyle's info is all exactly right. I have Tech2, MDI, and factory diagnostic set-ups for almost everything. For an 07 I prefer the Tech2. It is A LOT faster than getting out my MDI, booting up that laptop, firing up the Tech2Win set-up then finding out what I wanted to do (initialize a transfer case motor,calibrate a lift gate module, or even crank relearn) is not available through Tech2Win. There are times I use it on the GEN3 and GEN4 rigs but the only time it is really needed is on the newer Global set-ups which vary by model as to exactly which year they made the jump....and on them you are running GDS which is Worlds ahead of the Tech2 and the TechWin....not that any of this is very helpful knowledge at this point.

BUT to answer your question about the MongoosePro.... It is not that simple. I love the MongoosePro! I was using it for GM updates since way before GDS was invented or even Tech2Win for that matter, but they called it the Mongoose back then. They upgraded it later to make it safer for Global architecture. As mentioned, you can use it with a Tis2Web subscription to update computers or download to a brand new GM computer....but Tis2Web does not allow diagnostics or even genuine "set-up" functions like zeroing yaw sensors, orienting transfer case motors, etc. The good news I found out is that the Mongoose/MongoosePro works with GDS and I think Tech2Win just like an MDI. When I have to go take a look at one of my client's GEN5 Yukon Denalis on location I don't pack up the MDI anymore...MongoosePro combined with GDS gets it done with less pain. Moral of the story is MongoosePro GM is really multipurpose, durable, reliable, and even works with Ford software on newer Global Fords (but not on pre-Global Fords, need VCM/VCM2 or maybe Mongoose Ford for them).

Having said all of that, I will see if I can get a hold of one of our client's GEN4 Suburbans with my Tech2 in the next couple of days and run back through the tire pressure options. I think I can take them down to 27PSI.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks IARLLC! I have no idea what system I need. All I want is the ability to change the BCM functions on my truck.
    If you can point me in the right direction or passably post a link I will appreciate it!

God Bless America ! ! !
    Thank Jesus