Thread: Wideband help

Potential Tuner

Wideband help

So what's the deal with wideband O2 sensors? Can I buy just a bosch sensor and wire it to hp tuners or do I need a controller setup to? It could stay in the truck, probably take it out though because it's a mud truck. Don't need a gauge either. Thanks!

How much reading have you done prior to typing this out?

All the information you seek can be found by researching different widebands and companies that offer them for sale. 95% of the widebands you buy come with their own sensor, own wiring and own gauge/controller to monitor the air fuel ratio's. Yes you can wire the wideband into HP Tuners to view in your data logs. You can leave it in the vehicle while you are tuning and remove it if you want but depending on application if would be a good idea to leave it in there if you think it may run lean/rich and end up hurting the engine, could save you some money.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah I might of read too much. That's what I figured. First time really getting balls deep in a tune. 6.0, 78mm turbo, 80lb injectors. It's a mud truck, 5 ton axles and 63" tires. Told dude he should just get a gauge for peace of mind! Thanks!