Thread: New 3.4.85.0 install erased old 2.24.xxx install

New 3.4.85.0 install erased old 2.24.xxx install

so, built myself a new PC.. and I installed my 2.24.1168 hptuners...

then, installed new 3.4.85.0 install into it's own separate folder/location..

and low and behold, that new 3.4 install, totally erased/uninstalled the 2.24.1168 install..

very fricken sneaky...

so now, have to totally uninstall all hptuners software, and just reinstall my 2.24.1168 version.. reeaaal gooood...

what a bunch of BS...
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-26-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

Neat story.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

you have to change the name of the install when it asks where you install it and what to name it, this is by default, like add 2.4 to the older one since you wont be updating it like you will with 3.4 or 3.5. You should be happy they added this step, it never used to exist.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

This is the way our software has installed for 13 years.

It is this way to help reduce support tickets.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I mean you made it easier to realize you can simply change the install name, before it was greyed out and you had to hit the "Change" button to get access to the folder path name...

Now by default it is white and editable, so you realize you can just type the version in the path.

Very easy now
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Actually I just noticed the new 3.4.85 is deleting the HPTuners folder where my 2.24 is installed, then re-creates the HPTuners folder with 3.4 in it, but since it deletes the HPTuners folder on install 2.24 is removed and deleted. That never used to happen.

I can watch this process with the C/Program Files/HPTuners folder open.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

OK, so no matter what I do I cant get 2.24 and 3.4 installed together. No matter what I call 2.24 the 3.4 current version uninstalls 2.24 before installing 3.4. That's nice, I had it this way before I reinstalled Windows...

I wouldn't care except there are things that don't work with 3.4/3.5 that I had with 2.24..
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Actually I just noticed the new 3.4.85 is deleting the HPTuners folder where my 2.24 is installed, then re-creates the HPTuners folder with 3.4 in it, but since it deletes the HPTuners folder on install 2.24 is removed and deleted. That never used to happen.

I can watch this process with the C/Program Files/HPTuners folder open.
    Exactly! Even though I did install to different named folder, it still erased original 2.24 install.. it didn't used to do that, because I had them both installed before on my other pc..

But now this new 3.4 version, deletes the other version, even though I had it installed into its own different named folder...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

If you really still need 2.24, then remove all of them, install 2.24 and add "2.24" to the install directory when it says change location, then once installed, copy the folder "VCM Suite 2.24" out of the HPTuners folder, put it on desktop for now, then install 3.4 and/or 3.5, then PASTE the "VCM Suite 2.24" folder back into the Program Files/HPTuners folder... then it should run and stay. Make shortcuts to desktop. From then on, I'm thinking the Upgrade newer version of 3.4 or 3.5 will not delete the main HPTuners folder (on mine it's found here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP Tuners".
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires