Thread: Need help with rpm hanging

Tuner in Training

Need help with rpm hanging

First, let me say that I am new to tuning and trying my best to learn all I can. I have a 98 ls1 6 speed with 2 bar sd os, no maf. I am using a pcm and harness from a 2500hd. I have copied everything from a stock 98 camaro tune to my pcm as best i could. Im Having a problem with the rpm hanging after I rev it. Its also idling very rich but im sure that is due to my ve being untuned and fuel added during the 2 bar setup. My IAC is 0 at idle, not sure if that is correct. I have added a lot to the Throttle Follower Decay P/N, that seemed to change it some but Im not sure if that is my problem. Could it be the extra fuel causing the rpm hang? Or does something else need adjusting?

Setup:
    '98 LS1 (completely stock)
    2 bar maf (PN 12615136)
    SD 60# Injectors
    Aeromotive BR FPR
    Turbonetics T66 Turbo

69 Camaro Tune_5.7L_Turbo_SD60#_M6 Idle Tuning.hpt
    69 camaro_Throttle decay doubled 3.hpl

Tuner in Training
    I also added 4 across the board to Base running Airflow / Idle Airflow

Advanced Tuner
    Take some away from base running airflow and see what happens

Tuner in Training
    ok ill try that and see what happens. It was hanging with the stock base running airflow numbers and I read somewhere that if there is a airflow mod to add 4 to that table and it should help with idle tuning.

Tuner in Training
    I have taken 4 and then 8 away from the Base Idle Airflow chart and it didnt seem to make any difference. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

69 Camaro Minus Idle Airflow.hpt
    69 Camaro Minus 8 across Base Idle Airflow.hpl
    Last edited by jrick11; 03-23-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Should I be Trying to get my VE table correct first and then try to fix this Hanging issue? It is currently idling with an afr 11.? which is way too rich.

Make sure your timing maps are all pretty close (idle, high octane and low octane). I had mine off and it would do some stuff like that. I also go surging and dying if you rev it quickly and let off. Once I figured out the maps have to be pretty close it got much better.

Quote Originally Posted by jrick11 View Post
    Should I be Trying to get my VE table correct first and then try to fix this Hanging issue? It is currently idling with an afr 11.? which is way too rich.
    Definitely

Tuner in Training
    Do you mean pretty close to stock or all pretty close to the same values?