Thread: lq4 4l80e swap not shiftiing into 1st

lq4 4l80e swap not shiftiing into 1st

we have swapped a lq4/4l80e into a 63 c10 and initially had the same guy who does all of our swap tunes give it a base tune. well long story short he is now nowhere to be found. since we don't need much in the way of tuning we usually just need the vehicle too run after the swap so I went ahead and got hp tuners. when I downloaded the tune he had in it I noticed it was for 5.3 4l60e Silverado. so I downloaded a stock 2000 6.0 lq4/4l80e tune and disabled vats and some dtcs and stuff. didn't mess with much in the sock tune at all. so now its running great but the transmission starts out in 2nd gear and shifts to 3rd but it will not shift into 1st on its own. I can manually command it to enter first gear but that's the only way ive gotten it into first. anyway heres the tune if anyone wants to take a look at it and tell me if you see anything wrong it would be much appreciated. thanks in advance!

63 c10 2000 silv tune 6.0 4l80.hpt

Any stuck solenoid codes?

I just swapped in a rebuilt 4l80 and the ass hat who rebuilt it was too cheap to replace the solenoids and the 1-2 was bad. Mine wasn't throwing codes but, it sure wan't shifting either. if 2-3 is only working, you wont get 1st or 4th. Here's the patterns for the solenoids state to hit each gear. Here's the link to the document with some testing info.

Sole States 4l80e.JPG

http://www.extremeautomatics.com/ass...0Reference.pdf

Also, did you copy paste all the 6.0 data on to the 5.3 pcm and do a segment swap for the 4l80e trans segments? That would for sure do it too. I'll have a minute here shortly to look at the tune. You need to make sure the 6.0 tune is the same operating system# as the 5.3 tune, or you can't do the segment swap. This is critical!!!! Here's that how-to thread too.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...wapper-utility
    Last edited by mercrising; 03-28-2017 at 04:50 PM. Reason: frikin aliens

you're the man! got a segment swap with the right os and we are up and running. thank you very much!!

Kick ass, glad you got it!