Thread: P0300 Multiple Cylinder Misfire

P0300 Multiple Cylinder Misfire

Just completed a 411 PCM swap into a 98 LS1 Camaro and I'm having issues. It seemed to run pretty well at first, but now it misfires badly. The misfire log mainly reports on cylinders 1 and 8, but only 8 was noticeably cooler to the touch (could leave my hand on it no problem). Now I'm thinking the reports on #1 misfiring may be false due to the 7.25" mini-twin clutch in the car and they are sequential in the firing order. I can feel it misfiring at idle even though the log doesn't report it, it gets really bad when the logs do report it. No codes other than P0300 in the PCM.

Already tried swapping plug wires and no real change. Going to start swapping plugs and coils tomorrow, but I could use any advice. Spec Slohawk is the original 98 PCM tune I was using, V0.2 is current with the misfire and the other file is the log.

Basic 98 LS1 with bolt ons
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by landstuhltaylor; 03-21-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Did some research and found where I may have made a mistake. The original firing order in this PCM is different than what the original PCM had, so I changed it. Seems that only affects misfire detection so I guess I should put it back to what the new PCM originally? OS is 12216125 if that matters
    Last edited by landstuhltaylor; 03-22-2017 at 08:14 AM.