Thread: Inputing 98 Silverado VIN into a 0411 PCM.. Any Help?

Inputing 98 Silverado VIN into a 0411 PCM.. Any Help?

Does anyone know how to Input 98 Silverado VIN into a 0411 PCM, the PCM is diff operating system but I know it can be done, I heard of people doing it. Please let me know if you guys know how, thank you.

My tuning guy here in Tampa, Florida (Jeremy Formato - Owner of Fasterproms) tried it on my 0411 swap/1996 GMC K1500 and he couldn't do it either. Be interesting to find out/I'll pass it on to him as well. Anybody in Florida, I'd HIGHLY recommend Jeremy if your looking for a GM dyno man.

Senior Tuner
    You have to use something other than HP Tuners. AFAIK, HP Tuners will not let you create a VIN/OS mismatch but the newer version of the software will let you license it once it is created. There are 2 other products I know of that will do it but I'm not going to mention them on HP Tuners forum.

I understand your respect and also respect that. If you are willing to tell me via email, that would be awesome. [email protected]
    Or I can email you the file and you change it for me?
    Any help is appreciated.

I have the 99-06 GM truck/suv V8 licenses, and plan on buying more packages, HP Tuners is my go to, so I wouldnt leave them.

Senior Tuner
    I could do it but I have to have the PCM, not just the file.

Really? That would be awesome! I can send you the PCM?

Senior Tuner
    What MY, Vehicle, and OS is in the 0411 PCM now? Give me as many details as you can so I can make sure I have licenses to do it. I probably do but I want to make sure.

I have 2 tunes for it, I have a 2002 savana 3500 5.7 tune, and I have a 2001 "blazer" tune, (they are both the same, but hp tuners sees them as the labels above) thanks buddy!!

Senior Tuner
    I'll contact you tomorrow via email.