Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '05 Sierra LM7, '03 Suburban PCM, CAI, 450FP.......+40 LTFTs?

Cool '05 Sierra LM7, '03 Suburban PCM, CAI, 450FP.......+40 LTFTs?

I recently swapped my '72 GMC C15 over to a 2005 5.3l LM7 motor and a 4l80e trans. I am using an '02 Camaro SS fuel tank/regulator with one feed to my return-less rail, and a loop off the feed line back to the regulator on the fuel tank assembly. I am getting 58-60lbs of fuel pressure consistently so the regulator seems to be working.

My issue is that I am tuning VE and seeing 40% LTFTs?!?! I've only changed to a CAI and a 450 Walbro. I compared the tunes from the '03 Suburban and the '05 LM7 tunes and no difference.

I also looked for vac leaks using smoke and propane but, could not isolate any leaks, much less one that would skew me to 40% LTFTs.

First ever swap/tune so, could use some guidance, please!

OK, that royally jacked something up when I tried to import 25lb inj data into the tune, rather than the 33lb flex inj data on the PCM. After I flashed, as soon as I would get into the gas hard, the truck was stalling out and losing all pedal response....not sure what I did. Then I flashed back to the previous tune...still jacked up.

When does a "write calibration" give way to a "Full Write"?

It was running OK before, not great but, shifting and pedal etc were responding normal all the way up to highway speeds.

This DBW crap is really annoying me.

Any one with clear answers on DBW compatibility, please drop me a line. I have read what seems like thousands of posts on DBW issues and they all end with "get the same pedal/TAC/TB/ECM and you're fine but, that's a crap answer. I'd like to get a real understanding of how to tune to it or what actually makes Pedal/TAC/TB/PCMs compatible, please???????
    Last edited by mercrising; 03-22-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Banned
    Yet another guy having issues with tuning his motor the BS VE and LTFT way..

Is it 40% out just about everywhere.. or like 40, 7, -2, 16, 21...?
    Are you running a MAF? If so, TUNE YOUR MAF, lessen the headphucks by phucking-off all things LTFT and just use your ST. Re-activate that headphucking crap and tune your VE after if you want.

Oh yeh, nearly forgot the "post your log and tune if you want help" line..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Yet another guy having issues with tuning his motor the BS VE and LTFT way..

Is it 40% out just about everywhere.. or like 40, 7, -2, 16, 21...?
    Are you running a MAF? If so, TUNE YOUR MAF, lessen the headphucks by phucking-off all things LTFT and just use your ST. Re-activate that headphucking crap and tune your VE after if you want.

Oh yeh, nearly forgot the "post your log and tune if you want help" line..
    I love forums, so welcoming and no jaded people...EVER!

I'll try to log it once I iron out what the crap happened when I imported new inj data, it didn't work, then when I flashed back the car was stalling out and the pedal was losing com with the ECU........I got 99 problems and a DBW is one!

Tune and log attached. As soon as i get into the throttle hard it knocks and and starts sputtering and I am on reduced power seems like. It does look like I dumped a crap ton of fuel into it when I floored it but, still 11s.......NO MIL

Any thoughts or processes on how I might go about to isolate?

First time tuning a swap, and I'm not convinced my pedal/TAC/TB/PCM are compatible.
    -Newer truck style plastic DBW pedal
    -'05 LM7 DBW TB
    -TAC box 12588923 from 2005 5.3l
    -03 Suburban PCM , which is why I thought I needed to change my injectors from 33lb Flex injectors to normal 25lb gas injectors.......and all my problems started to get worse.

Going to try an 05 Yukon PCM tonight

wtf.hpl

03 Burb, 33 lb to 25lb Injs, VATS off, Abuse off, 4l80e segments, MILs off.hpt
    Last edited by mercrising; 03-22-2017 at 07:04 PM. Reason: files and updates

Advanced Tuner
    Is the motor completely stock? I'm writing this from my phone but, assume you haven't removed your codes for the TAC related MIL in your tune and correctly in open loop SD. Are the Narrow bands plugged in? This sounds to me like a possible wiring/ user error more than a DBW error. Don't get frustrated with it and work through it, that's what hotrodding is about. Here is a good read for TAC module compatibility and all things LS swap. Scroll to the bottom of that page and you'll find some info on the TAC. Then explore the site and check out the wiring diagrams to compare with what you have going on. http://lt1swap.com/identify_vortec_engine.htm FYI: my 1961 has an 03 Tahoe ECU and I went through the DBW headache. I got more than one code and smoked a TB although I believe it was bad to begin with. I'll never get another DBW ECU and harness, TAC module and pedal again unless it is from the same vehicle and I remove it myself. That is why everyone says that, it's a truism!
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Thanks mcfarland, it's entirely possible, just not sure why it was working great, flashed inj data because my trims and the tune looked like it would be 33lb inj data trying to run 25lb injs. Then all this started......flashed back, and it still acts up.

I love the wins, the losses are tough.......thanks for the link, that site's been critical in getting me this far. Hell, even used it to successfully do a DOD/AFM delete on my daily 09 Yukon XL a few weeks back. It was starting to get sticky lifters and clicking consistently on every start up. I didn't want to lose the motor, nor cough up $2500+ for all the crap I did........radiator, cam, lifters, valley cover, water pump, oil pump, then all the bolts and gaskets and fluids...not to mention paying someone to remove the codes.

i just felt like I was getting super close, then smoked a PCM the other day that I've been running for 2 months with no issue. Came out of a corner, got in it...POP...computer was gone. I am trying to get back to where I was, with an almost identical 03 PCM.....and hitting all sorts of snags.

I'm out here now, pulling plugs and double checking what I can think of.

Keep them coming, I know there's a solution, it's just eluding me at the moment!

CHEERS!!
    Last edited by mercrising; 03-22-2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: bc spelling and me are enemies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mercrising View Post
    I love forums, so welcoming and no jaded people...EVER!

I'll try to log it once I iron out what the crap happened when I imported new inj data, it didn't work, then when I flashed back the car was stalling out and the pedal was losing com with the ECU........I got 99 problems and a DBW is one!
    Are you for phucking real you stupid ungrateful phucking pos?!
    I went out of my way to phucking help you after no one else did and you reply with "always someone with nothing better to do than give someone asking for help a hard time! ...thanks for bashing..." (before editing your shit into other shit)
    I have a LOT of better things to do than phucking help a total stranger online and am struggling to do / stay on top of everything in my life and get to bed on time and am exhausted every fucking day at work because of that... but STILL took the m0therphucking time to TRY TO HELP YOU.. and you give me that shit! A phucking "Thanks" would've been nice.
    I come here to learn, yet all I ever phucking end up doing is try to help people with their phucking tunes/problems.
    I wasn't "bashing" you you dumb phucking fairy. I was just pointing out that many people run into issues tuning their cars the VE and LTFT way (and think people/noobs should tune their MAF first using only STFT as it's the easiest and less complicated way)!
    Just the other phucking day I was defending a HPT noob like yourself after he got trolled and insulted and shit in his thread asking for help... and now I have you telling me that shit.

Go phuck yourself, idiot.
    Last edited by Mr. Smith; 03-23-2017 at 01:04 AM.

I went out of my way to phucking help you after no one else did and you reply with "always someone with nothing better to do than give someone asking for help a hard time! ...thanks for bashing..." (before editing your shit into other shit)
    I have a LOT of better things to do then phucking help a total stranger online and am struggling to do / stay on top of everything in my life and get to bed on time and am exhausted every fucking day at work because of that... but STILL took the m0therphucking time to TRY TO HELP YOU.. and you give me that shit! A phucking "Thanks" would've been nice.
    I come here to learn, yet all I ever phucking end up doing is try to help people with their phucking tunes/problems.
    I wasn't "bashing" you you dumb phucking fairy. I was just pointing out that many people run into issues tuning their cars the VE and LTFT way (and think people/noobs should tune their MAF first using only STFT as it's the easiest and less complicated way)!
    Just the other phucking day I was defending a HPT noob like yourself after he got trolled and insulted and shit in his thread asking for help... and now I have you telling me that shit.

Yet again, all class! Thanks for making my night!

Advanced Tuner
    first things first whatever sized injectors you have in there is the data that needs to be written to the pcm. Besides the fact that somone pissed in mr smith's cereal he isn't completely wrong. its very easy to overshoot with LTFT. i personally always multiply by 1/2 for negative trims, and multiply by % for positive trims.

if your positive there is no mechanical issue. Then get all injector info correct for whats actually in the engine and your stft+ltft will be much more stable. injector data should be dead on for reliable fueling. next i would be checking accelerator pedal position & throttle position for correct correlation. i dont know much about ACCEL pedal and TAC compatibility so i cant say much about that. That VE looks relatively untuned still

I never said he was wrong . Plus, I've been on enough forums to spot an ego when I see one!

And Mr. Smith, if you don't have time, don't give it, especially half assed and jaded. I'd rather hear nothing than waste my time reading your sob story...I HAVE PLENTY OF MY OWN!

Now, away from the middle school banter......... I am pulling inj's tonight to verify which they are, changing to an 03-05 pedal to match the PCM /TAC/TB, and quadruple checking my wiring.

I did look at the last log and the issue occurs when the pedal sensor went over the 100% mark, then just after it knocked and started acting like crap. I will have to cut/weld the older pedal to fit my swap but, now I am really thinking it's tihs damn newer pedal wreaking havoc.

Learning as I go....slowly!

Thanks the objective help, I appreciate it!

Advanced Tuner
    Be careful welding that pedal. I took the electronic portion of it off for welding. May short it out?
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Advanced Tuner
    I have a LOT of better things to do than phucking help a total stranger online and am struggling to do / stay on top of everything in my life and get to bed on time and am exhausted every fucking day at work because of that... but STILL took the m0therphucking time to TRY TO HELP YOU.. and you give me that shit! A phucking "Thanks" would've been nice.

You have better things to do than this? Then go do something else. I guess making a total dick head of yourself is more important than these other things in your life. NOW THAT'S PATHETIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    You have better things to do than this? Then go do something else. I guess making a total dick head of yourself is more important than these other things in your life. NOW THAT'S PATHETIC.
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

Also, I've given up on the 07+ pedal with the 03-05 PCMs. Now I just need to make a plan on how to chop and design the pedal...and weld it without jacking up the electronics. Tried to get the APP stuff off an 03 truck pedal last night but, I don;t see a way without destroying it.
    Last edited by mercrising; 03-24-2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: b/c I can

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    Why don't YOU go phucking do something else instead of involving yourself in an argument which has nothing to do with you and calling people names?!
    What's your phucking purpose here in this thread? Are you phucking helping the OP sort out his engine issue? NO
    WHO THE PHUCK ARE YOU? STAY OUT OF OTHER PEOPLES BUSINESS / ONLINE ARGUMENTS! That goes to ALL you delusional heroes!

Reminder: I attempted to HELP this phuckwit and was NOT rude to him AT ALL. He "bashed" me (while accusing me of "bashing" him) after I tried to HELP him! I'M the phucking good guy, not him!
    If you hate me just because you can sense an ego on me, then deal with your jealousy and insecurity issues.. go see a shrink or something before you "accidently" step on the go pedal instead of brake pedal and run over a group of innocent (/superior) people.

Same old phucking story. Overly sensitive a$$hole weirdos (like "mercrising") starting shi*t, then utter m0r0ns defending them.

What's interesting is that this phuckwit also drives an ugly old "classy" farm-truck like that other phuckwit I got into an argument with months back (which HE started for no reason at all). Guessing he read my replies to that other phuckwit, dissing his pos redneck truck and was just waiting/praying to hear from me and start me.
    Would love to know more about these idiots who argue with me. I bet they're all hardcore rednecks. Damaged brain cells from moonshine + some sort of jealous-of-city-folk inferiority complex is what I'm thinking.

I'm guessing this is "mercrising" or a close relative of his
    http://aiminglow.com/wp-content/uplo...5b9104b_o1.jpg

I can only imagine what talking to Mr. Smith in real life would be like, such a joy from the sounds of it.

I'm sure he even got a little red faced just typed these previous posts up.

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Banned
    Standard. R2D2 with his $0.02.
    Can only imagine what he's like irl.

Why don't you go mention "LTFT" and "wideband" for the 1024th time in another thread instead of trying to be funny here.

It's not my fault you can't learn to tune with the features offered by HP Tuners.

I wouldn't recommend ways of tuning if they didn't work for countless others. Tuning with LTFT+STFT works good if you know how to read and follow directions and put it to use. Or the other way like you said is with a wideband which doesn't use the trims.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Good news, I changed all the F's in my tune to Ph's and it fired right up!

Fool please.....I just want to learn, cant we all just hug and sing kumbaya?

And how'd you get that picture of Uncle Cleetus......he's and elusive, yet good looking, bastard!