Thread: Two easy questions for an expert

Tuner in Training

Two easy questions for an expert

Writing to my truck failed. It got over half way and stopped, I closed the vehicle writer, tried again and it worked fine. What would cause that?

Then when I was finished I closed the program and turned the ignition off. The MPVI pro's busy light keep blinking, about once every three seconds. I haven't noticed that before. Is that normal?

God Bless America ! ! !
    Thank Jesus

2007 Silverado NBS 1500 4x4 Z71 LT 5.3 4l60e

Hard to say why the write failed. I always make sure that everything is off, no radio, headlights, doors closed, fans off etc etc. I know on some of those NBS trucks pulling the radio fuse during a write calibration/entire is a good idea. If have an aftermarket deck, for sure pull that radio fuse everytime.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    I tune a variety of vehicles and have never encountered failures like I do on GM trucks. Not sure why but something to remember is if you ever get stuck where you are getting complete writes but the vehicle still won't start or will start but is doing something strange do a Write Entire instead of Write Calibration.

Senior Tuner
    mines not a truck but does yours connect with the key on accessories and not to ignition..? may be safer if it does with less extra modules powered up and no dash warnings, i always do mine in accessories

Tuner in Training
    Ignition has to be on, no accessories. There are a lot of extra thinks on and running. The dash is lit up like a Christmas tree and I can hear what sounds like the heater motor running, even though it is off. Yes, I will definitely yank some fuses.
    Thanks!

God Bless America ! ! !
    Thank Jesus

2007 Silverado NBS 1500 4x4 Z71 LT 5.3 4l60e