Thread: First LS1 Log With HP Tuners

Tuner in Training

First LS1 Log With HP Tuners

I just went for a short cruise today so I could log the Camaro for the first time in 17 years.

Would you guys mind taking a look at the log and seeing if there is anything very serious I need to look into? One thing that caught my eye were the LTFT's: there was a lot of red there.

The only mods on the car are a MTI T-1 cam, Random Tech catback, Under drive pulley and an aftermarket lid.

Much appreciated,

Shawn
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sawacs; 03-15-2017 at 09:27 PM.
    2000 SS M6 MTI T-1 Cam, Random Tech Catback, Cutout, Aftermarket Lid, Under Drive Pulley
    2012 CTS-V Stock (Fast enough to peg my pucker factor limit)

Just based on the trims shown, it needs the VE and MAF dialed in. They need to be fixed because of the change in camshaft. Are the numbers horrible, no but they should still be addressed to help get airflow and fueling tables in order.

Add knock retard, injector pulse width and commanded AFR to your main channels list for logging. Those pretty helpful when watching the scanner, depending on what you are doing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just based on the trims shown, it needs the VE and MAF dialed in. They need to be fixed because of the change in camshaft. Are the numbers horrible, no but they should still be addressed to help get airflow and fueling tables in order.

Add knock retard, injector pulse width and commanded AFR to your main channels list for logging. Those pretty helpful when watching the scanner, depending on what you are doing.
    5FDP,

Thank you for the information and tips on adding the items. I wanted to make sure my engine wasn't in a death spiral with the lack of tuning

I'll add those items and take another log tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Shawn
    2000 SS M6 MTI T-1 Cam, Random Tech Catback, Cutout, Aftermarket Lid, Under Drive Pulley
    2012 CTS-V Stock (Fast enough to peg my pucker factor limit)