Thread: Cant get oxygen sensors to act right

Potential Tuner

Cant get oxygen sensors to act right

Alright so I included the log file along with my tune. It's a 5.3 with LS1 intake and injectors. Comp XFI RPM cam, and Denso 234-4012 Oxygen Sensors from Amazon. Attached to a T56 with stage 3 spec clutch. I know the trans wont have much to do with it but i'm just listing what the setup is.

Anyway, when I pull the power to them they still keep the same readings no matter what. In the beginning of the log file I pulled the fuse to them twice and they stayed the same. Then, about 5 minutes into the log, the only way I could get the STFT or LTFT to kick in was to force closed loop while idling. I have yet to hook up my LC1 wideband because i'm waiting for the bung to arrive tomorrow. If anyone has any suggestions in the mean time please let me know.

Also I wanted to mention that I swapped the connectors for the sensors B1 to B2 and B2 to B1. The readings stayed the same. I'm stumped.

TEST02.hptTEST02 Log Idle and Rev2.hpl
    Last edited by JP83; 03-15-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Narrow band sensors don't need any power applied to output their signal.
    The power is just for the heater to warm them up quickly

Potential Tuner
    Okay well that irons that out. Any thoughts as to why the readings stay the same when the plugs are swapped?

Not sure but 450mv on bank 2 is a clear sign that the wiring has no power to the plug.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.