Thread: HPtuners and FRPP ecu

Tuner in Training

HPtuners and FRPP ecu

Hi Guys,

I just received my HPTuners and did some work on my car. It`s my first time doing this so I thought I would seek comments and help. All what I did below, was from thetuning school book for ford and some common sense to my knowledge.

I connected everything as per HPtuners Manual. the software couldnt detect the ECU so I choose from the drop menu Copper head 5.0 ecu. I dowanloaded the file and thought the first thing I will do is to scale MAF sensor. There is a checklist came with the book for bolts on and minor modifications. So I followed the steps in "MAF tuning for idle and part throttle section";

-Adjust WOT lamda table to 1.
    -Catalytic temp, flange temp, o2 temp, was already disabled.
    -Deceleration fuel cutoff (couldnt find it in the software). not sure if its in different location or not available on this ecu.
    -I also did set fuel enrichment pedal to 100 in all cells.
    - I also found a tab for manual transmission and corrected the ratios. I didt put 0 on the 6th gear (mine is tko 600). and left reverse ratio as is because I dont whats the correct ratio.

Next, was to gather data about long fuel trims during idle, and driving at a constant RPMs for a while and try to adjust MAF scaling till I am within +- 5% Long fuel trims.

My questions are;

1) how to make sure that I didnt go into WOT and the ecu didnt use enrichment tables?

2) how to disable Deceleration fuel cutoff?

3) I noticed that when running VCM scan, the fuel status change from OL- Normal to OL ACCE/DECEL when I release my foot of the peddle quickly. and sometimes it show CL - Fault how to stop this? anyone know?

4) Does changing transmission gears ratio work? coz the car respond better when I release my foot off the clutch. it doesnt jump forward as quickly as before (in a good way ) feels better now. or is it just me wanting to see this happens!

5) when long fuel trims should be within 5%, is it the summation between the two banks? or is it each bank should be within +-5% ?

6) Also, if I only read the vehicle and downloaded stock file, will this trigger the counter on ecu? I am asking because some of the cars I can download base file is still under warranty. I am not going to change anything. only read and save stock file.

Thanks
    Last edited by hakeem; 03-15-2017 at 07:38 AM.