Thread: After adjusting and re writing tune, truck starts and dies lots of times then idles ?

Exclamation After adjusting and re writing tune, truck starts and dies lots of times then idles ?

I'm not sure what is going on but every time I write the truck with an adjustment on the tune, the truck will start and die after 2 seconds multiple times with multiple key cycles before eventually it starts and idles... Even though before I re-write the tune it starts and idles just fine. Then make a adjustment weather minor or not does this starting thing... Anyone know what's up? My wide and shows that it cuts fuel completely. Computer learning? It shouldn't take 15 starts or more to get it to run like normal again. It's making my tuning time take incredibly long. Please help

Advanced Tuner
    Are you writing entire or just a write calibration?
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Tuning Addict
    Might want to post the tune too.

I'm just writing calibration, and clicking do not write for transmission. I'll post tune in a min

here is the tune, maybe i have something set wrong? take a look if you would.first running tune v1 .7 idle with MAF fail and ltft 284.hpt

just calibration

Tuner
    Sometimes happens. It's a throttle relearn issue. Slowly apply accelerator pedal to full throttle then slowly release before starting. Then crank and help engine with the accelerator pedal for about a minute.

Tuning Addict
    I didn't think about that, but in correspondence to this ^^^^ make sure your TB is clean... If it's carboned up it will cause it to start and stall...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Just looked at the tune - put some regular values back in the MAF curve up to about 3000hz... It may just be a maf failing issue... You might also want to put 1 and 2 in your min and max airflow test parameters...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

its got to do with the injector temperature. Like ghuggins said if you input maf data back in will start normally. I ran into this on a gto as well that was tuned sd only every flash took several attempts
    2005 gto m6
    kooks signature headers
    awespeed intake

Tuner in Training
    So it?s about throttle learning??

I always had this problem when I do writing to my 2018 Zl1 10A, in both types of writing ( entire and calibration).

After I did read this thread I can remember that one day I did in ( special functions VCM scanner) after writing to the ECU and before starting the engine I did click on ( throttle clean). And then the car started without dying. I can remember this.
    But it seems like this trick not always works.

Hopefully get a answer from you guys
    Last edited by Feras D; 10-28-2023 at 12:05 PM.