Thread: Downloaded demo. Need help

Downloaded demo. Need help

I downloaded the demo today and opened up a file. Honestly i dont understand nothing. Is it really hard to get the hang of it? Didnt even find how to tske the speed limiter off.

On what?

I guess a question is, what do you understand? Have you read books on engine tuning or how much knowledge do you have on how different sensors relay data to make the calculations inside the computer.

It's only hard if you make it hard in my eyes, learning what each sensor does and how it displays data goes a long way in figuring out how tables in the VCM editor work.

Some things aren't just going to have a simple label for what they do, they make be slightly more complex in how they work. Like the speed limiter settings are different depending on vehicle and make.

Make sure you are in advanced view under the edit tab to see all tables.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I thought i understand severesl stuff but i do not know
    Iats
    Lamba
    Knock retard
    Spark
    anyone seeling tunning books?
    I want to

Intake air temp, not much else to that.

Lambda is like AFR but in another way it's not. AFR on the gas scale would be like 14.68 for stoich where as Lambda is always 1.00. So anything lower than 1.00 is richer and anything above 1.00 is leaner. Like if someone commanded 12.0 AFR that would like ~.82 lambda. The scanner can read out both AFR and commanded EQ (lambda) depending on how you are tuning.

Knock retard is just that, knock. It's when the computer see's spark knock and pulls timing to prevent possible engine damage.

Spark advanced is something you can google, tons of information on what spark/ignition timing is.

Engine Management Advanced Tuning is a good $20ish book to help you get to understand the basics.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for the help. Just ordered the book. In wanting to tune my 6.2 ford but once i opened up the software i was lost.