Thread: CVT delete or not

Tuner in Training

CVT delete or not

What are the experiences of CVT delete. When should it be deleted?
    I have a 2010 with a single turbo at 8 lbs am thinking deleting CVT would make it easier but there is a reason for it.
    Thoughts?

Advanced Tuner
    If your talking about the variable cam timing (VCT) then I would not delete it running factory cams you will loose power. The only time I see that you need to delete it would be running much bigger cams or a much higher HP range than 8psi is going to put you at, most of the time its around 6-700hp when most delete it the phaser's don't seem to hold up that great.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome, thanks.
    It is at 500hp at the tire on the dyno right now.
    I need to spend a bunch of time on the Torque Management to make it drive properly. Was thinking the VCT elimination would make dealing with the Torque Management tuning a bunch simpler.
    Sounds like there are more negatives than positives though.
    I have asked this in another post hopefully you can help. There is a lot of talk about tuning with the Mapped Point OP. In the tune that is in the truck the Mapped Point OP is not activated. Should this be turned on and utilized?

Advanced Tuner
    Im not aware of any mapped point op in any 2010 and below 5.4 and 4.6. Maybe you are confusing this with tuning a 5.0 if its a 05- 2010 it should be a 4.6 or 5.4 3v unless its a gt500.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Devildog1325
    This is 2010 6.2 in a Raptor.
    Attached are a few screen shots.
    Boarderline Spark OP Mapped Point.JPG
    MAP Offset OP Mapped Point.JPG
    Mapped Points.JPG