Thread: Open loop lean

Tuner in Training

Open loop lean

Is this a good way to get a lean cruise? Other than the fact of to lean and melting things but it's a DD and I'm looking to get a little mileage out of it but want to keep it reliable. Stock 6.0 in an 02 Denali.

Another thought I had was changing the stoich setting from 14.7 to 15.5 or whatever would the O2's work accurately at that lean of value?

Not worth it.

I see no point in putting the truck in open loop all the time, that is the only way that you could get it to run leaner all the time. Losing closed loop functions on a daily driver isn't what I'd do. You a just limited on what you can do with a heavy 6.0 truck and AWD. Getting the MAF/VE dialed in and maybe slightly touching cruise timing could help you out but most of it comes down to driving habits.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    So with tuning the VE do you reccomend using the afr error or the fuel trims? Ive seen both ways and wonder which is best.

If I had a wideband in the exhaust already, I would use that over the fuel trims method. Otherwise it comes down to what I can do at the time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.