Thread: MAF tuning. How am I doing?

MAF tuning. How am I doing?

So i finally got my card style MAF working good on my 04 GTO LS1. I've been driving around trying to fine tune it. I will attach my last short drive with every thing turned on. LTFT, DFCO, PE, etc.

I created a LTFT+STFT histogram. Then I drive it around a bit light throttle with the DFCO and a few other things turned off.
    After filling cells for the LTFT+STFT I then copy the values>go into my MAF table on tuner>paste special multiply by %>write tune>reset LTFT in scanner>repeat. I have been sticking to cruising speeds and not going WOT that much. It seems to be evening the LTFT out a bit.

Can you guys take a look at my tune and recent log? thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you explain the reason for the card style MAF? I know the reason for the upgrade is to have more resolution in reading the amount of air coming in but, after looking at your tune specifically at your Mass Airflow Frequency (Hz) it's still is tapped out at 12,000 Hz. Aren't the MAF cards suppose to read higher? Is this a software issue with the ECM??

Thanks,
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by regorih View Post
    Can you explain the reason for the card style MAF? I know the reason for the upgrade is to have more resolution in reading the amount of air coming in but, after looking at your tune specifically at your Mass Airflow Frequency (Hz) it's still is tapped out at 12,000 Hz. Aren't the MAF cards suppose to read higher? Is this a software issue with the ECM??

Thanks,
    Roger
    I installed an LS7 Corvette over the radiator intake. It uses a card style MAF. This engine is swapped into an RX7. The ecu tops out at that amount still yes but even wide open throttle high rpms I don't see any more than around 8,500 htz.

Ive been getting the LTFT+STFT math pretty close to 0. I did notice a little bit of KR during a little heavier throttle. About 2 degrees. Should i be worried?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickatina7 View Post
    ... even wide open throttle high rpms I don't see any more than around 8,500 htz.
    I wanna know more about this too. My MAF tops out at 12,000 and the most I've hit/recorded is 9,625 (twice).

So should I/we lower our MAF maximum (like, to 10 or 11k in my case)?

I also get a bit of knock every now and then btw and not always under WOT. Usually around 0.4 - 1.2 and I think the most I ever got was 2.4.
    I'm not worried.