Thread: New to HPT, having a very odd issue(tune+log file enclosed)

Potential Tuner

having a very odd issue: commanded AFR lean spike low load(tune+log file enclosed)

my newly swapped car seems to be having an issue. I uploaded a sloppy wiki Fairmont base tune. it was running, pig rich, 10.5/11.0 idle. I was utilizing the real time tuning to trim some fuel out of the VE table. was working well, car has seen an hour and a half of idle time, and like 4 miles of low low load driving. I decided to turn off the 60 second delay on my PE and turn the ramp in up to "2.0", after that flash I was getting these weird lean spikes (data log pictured)no idea why. the commanded AFR jumps and all power is lost, as if spark was cut. under low load, steady throttle it spikes lean instantaneously, starts to stall, regains idle. fuel pump/filter/psi/level are all good. i checked my DTCs and it was detecting misfire(not cyl specific assuming its due to the cam). pulled my plugs, #7 was wet(fuel), all of them are blackkkk. i will be putting another new set of plugs, checking the fuel inj circuits and testing coil packs/wires tomorrow. but does any of this make any sense? should i attribute it solely due the plug findings, or did i screw up the tune somewhere? are there and more PIDs that would help my diagnosis?

car has NOT seen boost, or even a major load, at all.

background: gen3 5.3 SBE, 706 heads w/ btr .660, pushrods, bushing rocker arms, fresh valve job, new HG, ARP's, Ls6 intake man, 3 bar map, DBC, 80lb dekas, btr stg3 turbo cam, had brand new ac delco wires, ngk br7ef .025 gap plugs. 58psi base fuel psi. t56 tranny lmk if i missed any other vital info

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Poorsupra; 03-14-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Don't forget to change the cylinder volume to match the 5.3 motor, it's currently setup for a 6.0 and that will be throwing calculations off for sure on those computers.

If you aren't running o2 sensors you do want to set those to no error reported and not no MIL LIGHT. 450mv on the scanner shows me they are unplugged currently.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Don't forget to change the cylinder volume to match the 5.3 motor, it's currently setup for a 6.0 and that will be throwing calculations off for sure on those computers.

If you aren't running o2 sensors you do want to set those to no error reported and not no MIL LIGHT. 450mv on the scanner shows me they are unplugged currently.

Ok thank you for the reply, I will def change that volume, do you know what the 5.3 volume is?

Well I was trying to diagnose the issue so I disabled stft/ltft to try and rule them out. at this point I just want to ensure my problem is not in my tune so I need to ensure no fouled plugs and such

BTW, my code is for a "misfire", it's not cyl specific. So I'm going to compare a few other times and try to modify my misfire tables to coincide with my set up.
    Last edited by Poorsupra; 03-14-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Potential Tuner
    bump, car still cuts out. its like fuel, ign, and timing all cut at once at part throttle.

Potential Tuner
    Compression test was within 8%, leakdown is good, spark tested good, fuel injector circuits are good, new plugs are in. Br7ef .025 gap. Fuel psi good.

Potential Tuner
    Bump any ideas?