Thread: New to HPT - Need some advice and direction

New to HPT - Need some advice and direction

I am new to HPT and have finally hooked up my wide band and grabbed some logs. Not sure what to do and I am confused by a couple things.

Specs:
    '05 LM7 P59 PCM
    4L60E
    LS1 Injectors
    LS1 Intake
    AEM Wideband

This has all been swapped into a 98 Jeep Cherokee.

I have attached several logs from a drive today and also the tune I just uploaded. I have not messed with anything related to fuel.

I am not seeing any O2 data, TPS data, KR data or Injector data in VCM Scanner for some reason. I can't figure out why. When I hook up a bluetooth reader and connect with Torque I can see the O2 mv switching and everything looks fine.

I appreciate the help in analyzing this data. I have looked at several Youtube vids but they all seem to be a bit different on how to start getting the AFR in check. It appears from my logs that it is pissing fuel into this thing.

Jess

2.hpl
    3.hpl
    4.hpl
    5.hpl
    Initial Tuning 03-11-17.hpt

The TPS and o2 sensors/injector pulse width aren't there because you aren't logging them. You need to add them to your main channels list for them to show up.

I can't see the real AFR without the layout you are using because it looks like you have the wideband wired into the AC circuit. But the overal commaned AFR is still safe to run at full throttle. If the commanded is not really close to the actual AFR on the wideband you need to tune the VE and MAF curve.

You'll have to do both of those anyway for the change in intake manifold/injectors because they are different than the stock truck intakes/injectors.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The TPS and o2 sensors/injector pulse width aren't there because you aren't logging them. You need to add them to your main channels list for them to show up.

I can't see the real AFR without the layout you are using because it looks like you have the wideband wired into the AC circuit. But the overal commaned AFR is still safe to run at full throttle. If the commanded is not really close to the actual AFR on the wideband you need to tune the VE and MAF curve.

You'll have to do both of those anyway for the change in intake manifold/injectors because they are different than the stock truck intakes/injectors.
    The real AFR is dipping into the low 10's sometimes. Thanks for the quick response and I apologize for the very basic questions. I'll get my channels updated and go log some more runs. I"ll upload my layout next time too.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

Well I got all the channels added and was able to log everything I needed. I did get some things adjusted. Thanks again for the reply-