Thread: New to HP Tuning and need help for 2000 Corvette that starts and dies

Tuner in Training

New to HP Tuning and need help for 2000 Corvette that starts and dies

New to HP Tuning and need help for 2000 Corvette that starts and dies after Mail Order tune. I put a new motor in my Vette with
    LS6 intake, 243 Heads and a TR224 cam. It started up and ran good until it got hot and then it would not idle. I drove it around 5 miles
    and it did good except for idle. I sent my PCM to be tuned and when I got it back the car would start and die. I sent it back to the tuner and he said he disabled VATS but the car would start and die. Acts like running out of gas.

Anyway I got HP Tuners and now need help.

Bobby
    Attached Files Attached Files

More information needed.

Are you running o2 sensors?

Still using a MAF? Tune file says no and does not have the MAF dtc's set to fail on first error for Speed density only.

What size fuel injectors?

What size motor is it?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    More information needed.

Are you running o2 sensors?

Still using a MAF? Tune file says no and does not have the MAF dtc's set to fail on first error for Speed density only.

What size fuel injectors?

What size motor is it?
    The car has everything it had when new. Just a different motor. It is still the same size just a LS6 block, Ls6 intake, 243 LS2 heads, Cold Air Intake and a TR224 cam. Stock injectors, O2 sensors, MAF.

Tuner in Training
    Also the cam is 224 - 224 / 563 - 563 / LSA is 114.

Advanced Tuner
    Please correct me if im wrong , bump up the idle across the board to 850 see what happens ? Vats IF IT DOES START AND RUN START ON YOUR TIMING
    Last edited by usc45cal; 03-10-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I will try it.

Tuner in Training
    What about the MAF?

That tune is complete garbage if it's still running the stock injectors and stock motor displacement.

Cylinder volume is setup for a 6.0 and not a 5.7 LS6 motor. It has settings for 60ish lb/hr injectors compared to the much much smaller stock injectors. The tune file is setup under a speed density tune only. The MAF fail high is set to 0hz and the 3 MAF dtc's are set to NO MIL LIGHT. It is not trying to use the MAF sensor at all using this tune file.

Whoever did the mail order tune either doesn't know what they are doing or got some really wrong infomation when trying to set it up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I gave them the same info I put here for my car. They were suppose to be good at what they do according to the Corvette Forum. I have tried to work with this tune but it will not stay running. I am going to find a stock tune and put in it and then go from there. I don't have my stock tune any more. I did find one on here that might work.

But any help I can get will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Bobby

Tuner in Training
    I am going to use the tune on my wifes Vette. It is the same year and the motor is the except for the cam is a little smaller but it should be a good place to start.