Thread: New to hp tuners looking i to ford tuning

New to hp tuners looking i to ford tuning

Hello guys. New to the forum and new to tuning also. I am about to order hp tuners this weekend. I have never tuned a vehicle before but im willing to learn on my f150 6.2. Got tired of my canned tune ,and ive been thinking of getting more hp once i learn to tune with hp tuners. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Great to hear that , once you got your HP tuner you could pull the tune ( canned ) and return the stock tune and copmare to see what is different and read discription as well for the parameters changes and let us know if you need any help

Good luck

Compare your calibration to stock as said before. Log the car with the current tune. Be sure to log spark, lambda actual and commanded. And when you set your scanner up, be sure to log the fuel trims (use the math provided in the software), and the mapped points as well. Check for errors in the TB and torque as well. After you have the log, post the tune and the log and the forum will take a look at them.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Thanks for the feedback. Will I see more improvement with hp tuners than the canned tune?

Senior Tuner
    Who did the tune? Depends what you're starting with how much you can gain. I've tuned cars from some tuners and been very happy with the improvements but there are a few that are good enough to start with where making noticeable gains is not possible.

You have to know what to change to make improvements. HP Tuners isn't something where you just download tunes to flash.

Its from 5 star tunning

Should I go with the pro or standard version?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    pro for sure
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

The Pro is well worth the extra money. The ability to log external devices is a great advantage. If you ever tune a car without an OEM WB, you need to have the Pro if you wish to use an aftermarket WB.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Can you log air fuel with the standard on the laptop or do you need a pro.

Senior Tuner
    You can on your truck. 2011+ Ford have factory widebands.

Thanks for the info guys

Advanced Tuner
    im in same boat wanting to get into self tuning myself on my 16 mustang gt, a lot of great info here to read. ill be picking up the vcm suite shortly. cant wait.