Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.3 with factory GM ZR1 cam timing?

Tuner
    Ok so I decided to re-enable the maf after working on the ltft, stft and ve tables and adjusted the PE settings as discussed. But now it wont idle with the maf plugged in/enabled. It starts and dies most of the time..sometimes starts and dies when put in gear. If I unplug it it idles fine. What did I do?? Is the MAF out of whack after adjusting the fuel trim and ve tables?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just took a quick look at this.I hope you had the MAF plugged in or it is relocated to the intake manifold.You cannot set the VE with the MAF unplugged as it has a IAT sensor built into it.With it unplugged it will think the IAT is -40*, that will screw up your tuning efforts.The P/E tps is still at 90%? Change that to 50%.Also the LTFT are disabled in your tune,re enable them. You need to add channels to your scanner for MAF in HZ (frequency),Injector pulse (ms),and injector duty cycle.This should allow more of the items being logged to actually work.Your log shows it to be idling rich.Once LTFT is working, it should show - F/T.The MAF table appears untouched from a L33? I would also check the Fuel Pressure regulator for leaks.No gas should be in the line. You should compare your v/e table to a l33 for an idea of what they should look like for a N/A motor. Maybe someone else with more experience will chime in and correct my thoughts.

Tuner
    Hmmmm...Well we were somewhat following this guide http://gmtune.ru/hptuners-tuning-guide and it said disable the MAF before logging and re-enable it when done? It didnt say unplug it but it said fail the MAF in the tune so I wonder if it still picks up IAT.

I must have uploaded the wrong tune. The MAF table is untouched from its original which was a LM7 5.3l from a 99 silverado so I guess it is an l33 other than its an iron block. I re-uploaded the tune that is in it right now.

Odd thing is I see an IAT value on one of our logging sessions when we had the MAF disabled in the tune. Attached is one of our logging sessions with MAF failed in tune.

I am wondering if the maf being enabled now is somehow making it too rich or too lean to idle? Idles fine when unplugged.....sigh..lol

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just wanted to make sure that the MAF was disabled during tune. Also,when tuning you have to remove any MAF logging from your scanner list.this is during the V/E part of the tune. Even with the MAF failed, if it is being logged,it will skew the data for V/E tuning. I compared your tune to a L33, there is just about everything changed. You may want to start over with a different tune.I see that the min injector pulse with was raised for some reason,turbo? It is running rich at idle and low rpm, idle airflow,V/E is all changed,etc. Here is an old mail order tune that I used to get started with a similarly cammed truck it had a 4l65 trans.You can compare the tune with it or a l33 tune (attached)to get an idea of what was changed.Just a few ideas that may help.2005 Silverado Mail order F tune.hpt11544415958 L33 stock.hpt

Tuner
    The injector data was manipulated because it has an ls1 intake and 2003 corvette injectors installed. Thanks for your continued help, I will definitely check out the tune! If it would warm up a bit here in Iowa Id be able to do some more with it! Love to get it ironed out!