Thread: Turbo 5.0 S550 Tuning

Turbo 5.0 S550 Tuning

I am going to be tuning my first turbo S550, I have done bolt on S550's with success, but after doing some searching I have come across numerous threads where people are "fighting" to get the ECU to behave the way they want it to. (Throttle closing, not running the correct spark advance...)

Is there anything I should know going into this?
    I plan on logging the spark and torque source PID's
    What else is critical to getting the 15+ ECU to behave with boost?

The turbo kit is an on3performance kit, uses a stock MAF (blow through setup).

Trying to get the customer to go with ID1000's but they might do 13-14 GT500 injectors. The ID's obviously have good plug and play data, the GT500 injector data can be had from a stock 13/14 file, but does it transfer nicely into the s550 tables? Any spray pattern concerns with the GT500 injectors?
    Last edited by VodeAn; 03-07-2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Advanced Tuner
    You shouldn't have any problems with the spray pattern on the MU52's. Those are the same injectors pro charger and VMP include with their supercharger kits so they will work as long as you have the correct data. If you know how to t tune bolt on cars then you know the basics needed to get started on the on3 car. You should add a honeycomb screen to the charge pipe right before the MAF, I have heard the air is turbulent coming off the bend. Gearhead has a video showing the MAF screen on it, you want a clean MAF signal to help you dial in the curve.

The other thing is going to be populating your torque and inverse tables. You could max the timer out to prevent is from kicking you into limp mode from exceeding them, but ideally you would want to populate them accordingly. Your main struggle will be those torque limits, so work on them so they don't limit you, then work on torque and inverse.

I appreciate the information!

So maxing "Torque Limit Timer" under Engine > Torque Management should stop all of the Calculation and Torque inverse tables from setting a fault? What's the advantage to doing this the correct way vs the cheater method?

You stated that the main struggle will be the torque limits are you referring to the Spark and Fuel Cut Torque Ratio tables?

Can I turn the whole "Torque Module Switch" off?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    these cars are torque based and you can not just turn it off, it was drive weird.

get your fueling in line/spark MBT

and work on your torque/inverse tables
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Okay, so logging torque source should tell me which table is currently being used correct? Then use an error PID and correct by that amount?