Thread: 3 Bar Map VE table resolution

Potential Tuner

3 Bar Map VE table resolution

Just upgraded my OS to a 3 bar speed density tune. My primary VE table has the same number of cells as the factory MAP sensor VE table, just spaced out to get to 320 kpa. Seems im missing a lot of resolution to this table. Ive watched videos on you tube and the tables seem to have gotten larger. Am I missing something? Is it the pcm im using? From a 2003 chevy express van with an lq4/4l80e
    68 Cutlass, LQ4/4l80E

Many computers lose resolution the higher the OS upgrade you go. I see it mainly on the P59 computers.

If you swap to a 2 BAR OS you'll likely have much better resolution. If you don't plan to run over 15psi, use a 2 bar OS.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Do I have any options for getting the resolution? A different pcm?

A different computer or OS.

Knowing what one to use, I can't really say. The 00-02 silverado computers with DBC can do the 3 bar OS great with a huge VE table.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

Knowing what one to use, I can't really say. The 00-02 silverado computers with DBC can do the 3 bar OS great with a huge VE table.
    I just ran into this, already have a 3 bar sensor, I should be able to rescale the table to 2 bar and it work goo right?
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Potential Tuner

So can I do a segment swap from the 00-02 silverado VE table into my van PCM and get the resolution I am looking for?
    68 Cutlass, LQ4/4l80E

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jchevy View Post
    So can I do a segment swap from the 00-02 silverado VE table into my van PCM and get the resolution I am looking for?
    I would also like to know if there is some way to do this. Im going to be going to a 2 bar on my P59 and noticed instead of adding cells, it actually cuts the ve table resolution in half. Not good for fine tuning.

You can't put a P01 file on a P59 computer.

Tuner in Training

Not mine, it seems.....(01 GMC Sierra 2500 HD)
    I only have the option to upgrade to a 2 bar OS.
    I need 3 bar so I'm trying to figure out what to do in this case.

I have a 01 1500 Silverado computer laying about and haven't checked it but I'm already licensed on the GMC so if there are options there, I'd like to explore them.

Whats my best option?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i thought 2001 had the 0411 OS or could be upgraded to it with a tech2?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    i thought 2001 had the 0411 OS or could be upgraded to it with a tech2?
    So, I checked the 01 1500 Silverado PCM I had laying about. Sure enough, that one is upgradable to a 3 bar. Weird that the 2500HD isn't but the 1500 is. Anyway, I've already decided to go with a newer P59 so I can flex fuel while I'm at it since I need to change to a different PCM anyway.