Thread: Coyote Aftermarket Cam Tuning

Tuner in Training

Coyote Aftermarket Cam Tuning

So ive been tuning GM cars for about 2.5 years. I can understand everything on that side of the tuning world. On the other end i got a 2016 5.0 in recently and ive made chnages to it. Been reading up a lot and still tweaking and learning. Im open to any tricks or tables that i need to look at to pull some more power from it (links to threads i may have missed too). Why im really here is that client left happy and now hes got handfull of buddies that want their cars tuned. i have one in particular that has bought aftermarket cams. In the GM world i have idle air, idle spark, etc. This makes sense. where are these tables on the PCM for the coyote? and what other tables do i meed to change. i have made him aware i am not experienced in tuning 5.0's but my GM clients reffered him to me and hes dead set on me doing it. im just looking for a little help on what some of these tables mean. i want to expand my knowledge. Thanks guys.

Tuner in Training
    what cams is that ?

dose they has limiter ? if yes , you need to change the cam mapped point.

you need to change the following as well :

IVO , EVC , max cams phasing
    spark at idle and RPM

if you need any help just let me know

Ahmad.

Tuner in Training
    do not know cams yet. Is there no need to add air to the idle mixture? would you want more or less overlap on the IVO/EVO? idle spark is mapped points 0-2 correct? and cam phasing is gonna need a little explaination.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb_Secrist View Post
    do not know cams yet. Is there no need to add air to the idle mixture? would you want more or less overlap on the IVO/EVO? idle spark is mapped points 0-2 correct? and cam phasing is gonna need a little explaination.
    coyote has OEM widebands, as long as the MAF curve is accurate you do not need to make any changes. Stoich is set to 14.08 and ECM will use STFT to achieve this mix. You should only need to make the changes in the variable camshaft section of the tune. If the car is on the stock tune there is a bunch of other stuff you also need to change to maximize power gains, but those changes would need to be done regardless of you adding cams into the mix.