Thread: Good Lambda power for NA truck on e85?

Advanced Tuner

Good Lambda power for NA truck on e85?

Just finishing up my e85 tune in my truck. Wonder what people are shooting for Lambda wise in a heavy truck NA on e85. Stock 5.3 with boltons. I had it at .76 Lambda but had to retune it (I tuned it unknowingly on a bad injector) so I started at .83 Lambda when I installed the new injector. I did notice a big difference in delivered Torque between the two with the .76 having way more power. Is the delivered torque a good way to see what ratio is making the most power?

Senior Tuner
    .76 is rich for n/a im only using BE of .819 with boost or my PE is at about .87 just see what it likes but the delivered torque is just a calculation u would need a dyno to see actual gains

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't know if delivered torque would work for seeing if I was making a power difference or not. I don't really care what number it makes, just wondering if it would measure a difference.

Maybe I'll try a .80 and a .83 on the dyno.

Senior Tuner
    even up to PE 1.143 will be fine that's bout the max power lean for E85 but if it likes a little richer then all good, u can run the same EQ as petrol just fine but if u go richer it just aids with cooling

delivered torque only works if you airflow and torque models are perfect, which I am sure they are not (no ones are).

use a dyno if you want to measure actual power and torque.

Advanced Tuner
    I was hoping it could measure differences between adjustments and not an actual power reading. My truck on corn makes 30 or 40 less than when it was on 87. The VE and stoich are obviously different but the PE was the same.