Thread: 2012 Sierra Tune

Potential Tuner

2012 Sierra Tune

Hey everyone,

I was trying to find a tune on the repository that would be a good starting point for my truck, it is completely stock. But I only found tunes for 2011's. Can you use tunes from other year models if they are within the same generation? Would it be worth even trying to tune the truck besides disabling the AFM/DOD since it is stock? As of right now I notice it likes to lag a bit shifting down to 2 and 1. Besides that, the AFM/DOD is pretty frustrating feeling the slight "bump" from 4 to 8 cylinders.

Thanks

I would only use the repository to reference information, not a place to look for tunes to just toss at your vehicle and see if they work.

There really is no difference from 2010-2013, very minor changes throughout the years.

If you do not like the AFM/DoD, just set it to disable in the tune file to make it stop working altogether.

Here is an older tune from my truck, has engine and transmission changes to help how it drives. Truck is basically all stock and everything I've done is very safe to copy and use. If you wish to use some of it, just copy what I did over to yours, do not "write" this tune to your vehicle.

You have to be in advanced view under the edit tab to view all changes. Also if you make any transmission shift time changes and pressure presets like I did, you need to do a transmission "preset/reset" in the VCM scanner prior to driving it. First few shifts might be a little lurchy/jumpy as it learns and adapts for a few minutes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I was looking for a basic tune that I could compare with. Thank you for the guidance and tune.