Thread: Fix aem 4110 erratic since input sample has changed?

Advanced Tuner

Fix aem 4110 erratic since input sample has changed?

So ever since the 3.0 update when tuning my buddies truck with his AEM signal is erratic and all over the place like its reading way too fast compared to the gauge. Read about using a 10uf capacitor to fix this problem but do I wire it inline on the input to my hptuner pro or tie it in the input wire and ground the other side of the capacitor? Or is there an option for changing the response rate in hptuners. I've googled around since it started but never found a true answer. Read about people using it through serial that recently became available with some widebands, but nothing on wiring it up through the serial wire. Just like to get his to read correctly since its a boosted vehicle. My LC-1 reads just fine. Nice and smooth.

Edit I also have the ground from the hptuners to the same ground as the aem
    Last edited by Nastruck; 03-01-2017 at 09:58 PM.
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Set filter to something like 200 msec and see if thats any better

Advanced Tuner
    I also have been running the 4110 aem for a little over a year. Iv'e tried filtering up to .300 which seems to help a little. Unfortunately I still have small lean spikes and the occasional rich dip readings. The polling interval is super fast on the 4110 wideband. I had not heard of using a capacitor, but am now interested since everything iv'e tried has failed. Edit I keep my filter at .250 i figure a 1/4 of a second is already to much filter in my opinion.
    Last edited by Oleblu; 03-06-2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: added info

Advanced Tuner
    I've played with the filter with no real change. About to wire up a db9 to usb connector and try serial data and see if it fixes it.
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Post a log

It's likely what you're seeing is reality vs. what you used to see was a smoothed out averaged, slow, half reality
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Can you please explain how to set filter?
    Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    I recently changed the ground for my aem 4110. Shortend the ground extension considerably by moving it to an in dash ground. My signal was considerably more stable after that. the trick is to isolate the ground circuit as best as possible away from any other circuits.