Thread: Wideband reading backwards?

Tuner in Training

Wideband reading backwards?

I have a Wego IV from the tuning school and at idle it's reading about 14.6 to 15.1 at idle and at WOT it jumps up to to 19.5. I was told it should stay 19.5 at idle and at cruising speeds. I have the voltage off set set up correctly according to the tuning school videos. Any ideas? Thanks!

I googled that wideband, 19.5 AFR is the MAX AFR it is allowed to read. If that is what you see when you hit WOT, either the sensor is fucked or the the tune is the vehicle is.

Idle should be 14.5-15.1 because your stoich value should be around 14.7 depending on the fuel you are using.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks!

Post your tune if want someone to look at it and make sure that's not the cause.

I'd be in contact with the people that sold you the wideband too.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Post your tune if want someone to look at it and make sure that's not the cause.

I'd be in contact with the people that sold you the wideband too.
    i have, hopefully tomorrow they get back with me
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    2010 corvette grandsport. Stock tune.

Yeah, won't be vehicle related that for sure, it's basically all stock like you say.

Going to be settings related for something with the controller/sensor problem.

Tuner in Training
    Appreciate the help sir!

Advanced Tuner
    Are you seeing this on the scanner or on a gauge?

Tuner in Training
    Both

Tuning Addict
    You say the tune is stock, but is the car? If the car is modified - it may actually be that lean... Or possibly an air leak in the exhaust before or closely after words in relation to the air fuel sensor...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Car is also completely stock. Tired it on 3 different car. Same results. So it's probably the sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    Spray some brake cleaner in a rag and wrap the sensor up in it. If it doesn't go full rich you have a bad sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    Spray some brake cleaner in a rag and wrap the sensor up in it. If it doesn't go full rich you have a bad sensor.
    I worry a little bit about this test. I am not sure about brake cleaner. But, I know, for a fact, that "canned air" or "duster" will ruin a sensors calibration. It will seem to work OK. But the readings will be completely off when the output is not right at 14.7.

Advanced Tuner
    I just mean a quick spray into the rag, not enough to soak it and drip in or anything. Brake cleaner is mostly methanol if you get the non chlorinated version so I always figured it was ok. If not I'll start using something else